+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

peterjohn

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-07-2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
Hi
Did you use separate portals for your parents or they can apply as a couple?

oam

Oct 3, 2021
Hello all!

My mother applied for a visit visa to meet my newborn son. She appllied from Pakistan which is her home country. Her biometrics were completed on the 25th of August and we received an information letter on the 7th of september with the subject "request for an authorization for exemption from canadian travel restrictions for the purpose of family reunification". Below are the details mentioned in the letter itself.

Since then the application status has been stuck at eligibility review (please see full status below) and I was wondering if it might be a better idea to just reapply through the new IRCC portal? I understand that this would withdraw the application made through GCkey, anyone with experience of reapplying where the application moved quickly please share your thoughts. Specifically if anyone from Pakistan got the visa quicker applying through the new portal, please advise.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day XXX, We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly. Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times. Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • August 25, 2021 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi, i reapplied using IRCC portal on Sep 25th for my mother and got passport request on October 24, exactly 30 days so they seem to be processing new applications, hope that helps. I had withdrawn my previous application. I am from Pakistan

peterjohn

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-07-2021
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
Pls i plan to apply for my parents & in-laws, how much would you advise i show in m bank statement?

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hi, i reapplied using IRCC portal on Sep 25th for my mother and got passport request on October 24, exactly 30 days so they seem to be processing new applications, hope that helps. I had withdrawn my previous application. I am from Pakistan
I applied on Oct 4 for mother in law. Eligiblity is under review. COR Pakistan

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
I tried calling Indian vfs global helpline numbers but I'm not able to connect with them. Has anyone recently been able to reach out to vfs helpline in India?

Javaid77

Aug 9, 2019
Congra
Congratulations.
When did ur mother recieve her biometrics validity letter before receiving passport requests

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
I tried calling Indian vfs global helpline numbers but I'm not able to connect with them. Has anyone recently been able to reach out to vfs helpline in India?
You will not get any reply from vfs they just know how to take your money from your pocket.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hi dear Congratulations,
Can you please tell me what documents you uploaded in new portal plz
Did you upload your Bank statement or your mother's, and what's your Mother's travel history.
I'll appreciate if you guide us.
Regards

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thank you. That is extremely helpful. Could you please tell me if the application was withdrawn automatically or did you do it yourself? Also, did you receive the information letter I received?

darookie11

Aug 12, 2011
UPDATE:

My sister got approved for Visitors Visa. She is from the Philippines

Timeline:

October 1 submitted application
October 2 biometrics letter
October 5 biometrics done
October 13 Passport request
October 14 date of visa issue
October 21 mailed passport
October 26 received passport with visa.

My sister was given multiple visa. but only up to passport expiry which is 7 yrs.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
UPDATE:

Timeline:

My sister was given multiple visa. but only up to passport expiry which is 7 yrs.
Congrats!

SunAg1

Oct 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am applying for super visa for my father using the new IRCC portal. In the list of required documents, generated for the application, I do not see proof of medical insurance, while my understanding is that medical insurance proof is required at the time of submission of the application. I checked twice to ensure I provided correct inputs at the beginning:
* Visitor visa or super visa
* To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen
* Stay duration 12 months (2022-01-15 till 2023-01-15)

Only documents listed (and seem to be required) are: "proof of relationship", funds, "proof of family member's status" and "passport"

Although medical insurance needs to be purchased before he travels, I would like to know if I am making any mistake or it is not a mandatory document for the application any more. Did anyone here have the same situation and how did they handle it? I will appreciate your help and clarification.

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
UPDATE:

Timeline:

Congratulations

Oct 24, 2021
UPDATE:

Timeline:

Hi. Did u apply in behalf of ur sister? Im from ph too!