+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

TopGun

Aug 18, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I want to apply TRV for my spouse as well as my minor child through the new CIC portal and I have a few questions in that regard.
1. Should I create a family group for them and fill in a separate form for both? How should I go about it, I am very confused. Kindly help.
2. Will I need to book a biometric appointment for my minor child (He's 3 year old) for the photograph?
3. Where should I upload the invitation letter?

Kindly help,

Thanks.

Navitaly

Jun 15, 2021
Hello guys,
I'm applying for my mother in law through IRCC Portal
in documents section I don't see any place to upload specifically for financial documents ?
Could you kindly help to find out where to upload these documents like invitation letter/ Travel history / Financial documents ?

hash2019

Jul 3, 2019
Hello Guys,

Question:

is it mandatory now to apply for visitor visa through IRCC Portal? Or can we still apply using other account ( GC key) one?

Please respond.
Looking at IRCC portal continuous downtime , it is very important.

Thanks in Advance.

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys, I applied for my in laws through gckey, biometrics done, but my mother in laws application status showing submitted, but my father in laws status showing "Action required", but in this account showing biometrics information updated, everything is there. Only the application status is Action required, anyone experienced similar situation? Biometrics was given on 5th October 2021. No updates yet. Thanks

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I applied for visitor visa for my parents. Today we got the Biometric Collection Letter. But Unfortunately it seems there are no slots available in VFS offices in India before the stipulated 1 month mark. What should we do now ? Can we contact IRCC using webform and ask them to extend the deadline ? How are you all dealing with this situation ?

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hello all!

My mother applied for a visit visa to meet my newborn son. She appllied from Pakistan which is her home country. Her biometrics were completed on the 25th of August and we received an information letter on the 7th of september with the subject "request for an authorization for exemption from canadian travel restrictions for the purpose of family reunification". Below are the details mentioned in the letter itself.

Since then the application status has been stuck at eligibility review (please see full status below) and I was wondering if it might be a better idea to just reapply through the new IRCC portal? I understand that this would withdraw the application made through GCkey, anyone with experience of reapplying where the application moved quickly please share your thoughts. Specifically if anyone from Pakistan got the visa quicker applying through the new portal, please advise.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day XXX, We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly. Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times. Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • August 25, 2021 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Brozachs

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hello all!

My mother applied for a visit visa to meet my newborn son. She appllied from Pakistan which is her home country. Her biometrics were completed on the 25th of August and we received an information letter on the 7th of september with the subject "request for an authorization for exemption from canadian travel restrictions for the purpose of family reunification". Below are the details mentioned in the letter itself.

Since then the application status has been stuck at eligibility review (please see full status below) and I was wondering if it might be a better idea to just reapply through the new IRCC portal? I understand that this would withdraw the application made through GCkey, anyone with experience of reapplying where the application moved quickly please share your thoughts. Specifically if anyone from Pakistan got the visa quicker applying through the new portal, please advise.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day XXX, We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly. Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times. Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • August 25, 2021 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Reapplying has helped a few I know whose application is in Abu Dhabi office. I believe yours is there too since its from Pakistan. But since you received confirmation for family reunification confirmation you can try waiting for a couple more weeks. Its upto you.

Reactions: haideriqbal

samnas

Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys,
I'm applying for my mother through IRCC Portal (reuniting with immediate family member)
in documents section I cannot find any place to upload invitation letter, travel history, financial documents!
Could you please help me out where should i upload these documents?

ramandeep7712

Sep 3, 2021
Hi friends

Is anyone able to book biometrics appointment in Punjab, India.??I am trying for last three days but it says no slots available. Please help if anyone knows how to get the appointment. Thanks.

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Hello,

Couple of queries -
1. I've applied via new portal under Reunification purpose as an extended family member to visit my sister in Canada who holds PR.

Application submission - 24th October, 202
BIL request recieved - 25th October 2021
BIL submission deadline - On or before 23rd November, 2021.
I have procured a slot as early as I could (anticipating the slots being booked out) but I got it for December 9, 2021.
Anyone who faced this situation recently?
What would be the best approach here?

2. Moreover, my PR application is already in process. AOR August 2021. I have clarified and have attached sufficient proofs (Current employment verification letter, leave approval message) to show my intentions to return back to India.

Would it still be a concern for visa approval?

Last edited:

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hello,

I am applying for parents visitor visa thorugh new IRCC portal. Could someone suggest what details have to be entered for the following section

Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates. (required)

Thanks
Sudi

WilL H

Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

Anyone was asked to upload Vaccination Certificates in the new portal? If yes, what was the question.
Do you think if not asked, we should just add it to the invitation letter?

WilL H

Oct 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I want to apply TRV for my spouse as well as my minor child through the new CIC portal and I have a few questions in that regard.
1. Should I create a family group for them and fill in a separate form for both? How should I go about it, I am very confused. Kindly help.
2. Will I need to book a biometric appointment for my minor child (He's 3 year old) for the photograph?
3. Where should I upload the invitation letter?

Kindly help,

Thanks.
Yes you should create a family group and inside there you create an application for each and then submit as a whole.
I am not sure of biometrics for your child.
I uploaded my invitation letter in the supplemental (optional) documents.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i am looking for applying a Visitors VISA for my parents, however I do not see any place to upload Funds in the documents section. I can only see Passport , Relationship to Inviter, and Marriage certificate for my parents placeholder to uplaod.

Any idea why there is no funds category to upload?