+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
never used this tracker before, is this new ? I only know about ecase old portal and new portal. i've applied using the new portal and can check the status there, does this give you extra information ?
It's new. Yes it shows the visa number once things get approved and thats what's annoying me, I see a visa number and expiry date for my father in law but haven't got the OPR.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but the visa number might just be the application number, right ? so may be they just put it there once the file is created

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Talk to your MP then.
I think they can't do anything to applications outside Canada. After many attempts we reached to call centre today, they told us they can't see the application, we need to send a webform to the visa office, which we have already done. Totally lost here.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they can't do anything to applications outside Canada. After many attempts we reached to call centre today, they told us they can't see the application, we need to send a webform to the visa office, which we have already done. Totally lost here.
They sure can. Specially in a case like yours. They helped me a few years back with a spousal sponsorship application.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Okay a little update, I received the biometrics validity letter yesterday and the tracker is showing the visa document number today, and the eligibility is completed but no passport request yet
finally good news. you will receive your ppr in a while. is your eligiblity completed after backgound in check? or is it still in process status? Thanks

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
This is what it's showing in the tracker now:
biometrics completed
eligibility completed
background verification- in progress
bvl is not issued before background check was done. You are good to go for your passport request. thats just a default message

Reactions: iryn

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Okay a little update, I received the biometrics validity letter yesterday and the tracker is showing the visa document number today, and the eligibility is completed but no passport request yet
That's great, congratulations. Our problem seems different, we have had the BVL for more than 2 months now, no passport request. Sent another webform to the visa office, if they send a nonsensical response, we will try the MP.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's great, congratulations. Our problem seems different, we have had the BVL for more than 2 months now, no passport request. Sent another webform to the visa office, if they send a nonsensical response, we will try the MP.
Well, technically I'm in the same situation as you now. Still no PPR