+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's quite odd, so should i let my father in law submit his passport now or wait one more week or and submit them together ?

Priya Kothari

Jun 2, 2023
Hey! I’m in a similar situation. I applied in 2021 and received BVL in March 2023 (no PPR though) the passport I applied from expires in 8 months, but I have a new passport that’s valid for 10 years. I’ve heard you can submit the new passport, copy of old passport and give a reason explaining the change in passport and they give you a visa according to expiration of the new passport

I, however, still haven’t even heard back after BVL.
Did you receive any update?

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
That's quite odd, so should i let my father in law submit his passport now or wait one more week or and submit them together ?
You only have 30 days after receiving the passport request letter. Submit within this time!! If later than 30 days, they may require you to do the application all over again unless you submit a webform and explain why you need more time. To wait for the other person's application may be a valid reason if you need to submit in person and arrange travel plans to do so. (I cannot guarantee if IRCC will allow the extension with this reason, but you can try.)

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

Hani1122

Apr 6, 2023
Hi, need advise for invitation section on IRCC portal

Should i write my name ( daughter) or my husbands name who is sponsoring her?

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
Hi, need advise for invitation section on IRCC portal

Should i write my name ( daughter) or my husbands name who is sponsoring her?
So you are the parent of the applicant, yeah?
Then, either or. The one with citizenship would be better. Or the one who has been in Canada longer. If both of you have the same status, either is fine.
I forgot where but pretty sure you can put more than one person is inviting. Or applicant is visiting more than one person.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sent an email to my local MP. My wife is currently pregnant and is due soon and needs her mother to be with her. It's absurd that they only approved the father even though they applied together!

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I just sent an email to my local MP. My wife is currently pregnant and is due soon and needs her mother to be with her. It's absurd that they only approved the father even though they applied together!
Do you see her mother's visa document number when you log into the tracker? I can see ours, I think for our case they just forgot to send the request.

Hani1122

Apr 6, 2023
Can anyone send me their letter of invitation who applied for their mother or mother in law for reason of pregnancy and got approved

please share your invitation letters would be really grateful
Thankss

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you see her mother's visa document number when you log into the tracker? I can see ours, I think for our case they just forgot to send the request.
what do u mean visa document no ?

I just got a little update, not sure if it has any meaning:

Biometrics - June 15, 2023: Completed.

even though biometric was done on the 19th of march, and was stated in the portal that it was completed on 19th of march,/