+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Its strange. Am sure the Passport request document also needs to be submitted along with the passport itself. So there is nothing else to do but wait for the second passport request for the other in-law
Yeah I guess. What's another couple of months, it's been like 8 months already. I was just worried they might expect the passport but forgot to send the letter, hopefully that application won't be refused because we didn't give the passport they didn't ask for.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello,
do children under the age of 16 have to fill the ''use of representative form IMM 5476'' ?
The mother of the children is applying for visitor visa with dependent (kids under age 16).
Also, can email of representative and email of applicant be the same?
Thanks!

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello,
do children under the age of 16 have to fill the ''use of representative form IMM 5476'' ?
The mother of the children is applying for visitor visa with dependent (kids under age 16).
Also, can email of representative and email of applicant be the same?
Thanks!
It will be asked for dependent children over 18.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

I hope to apply for my dad's visitor visa. Can I apply for visitor visa while there is still two months validity left on the visa?

Can you please advise? Thanks so much for your help

Last edited:

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Hey guys!

I'm asking for a friend who wants to visit me from Brazil. I checked the processing time for a visitor's visa on the official site, and it says 6 months...How accurate is this estimate? I've seen people getting theirs anywhere from a month to a year, and it's a bit hard to tell what to reference.

Thanks for your help!

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Quick update and some help required please!
This morning I received the BVL and Passport Request for my Mother and Sister's visit visa. My Father's visit visa is still showing under process. I did see a ghost update almost 5 weeks back. I had applications on both the old and New portal. Both portals have received the same updates.
Entire Family applied together from Pakistan (Visa processing center is Abu Dhabi) on Dec 10 2021 (yes received PPR after 1.5 years!). My Parents had visit visas before and visited me couple of times previously (never over-stayed or anything else). Regarding my sister, she was the first time applicant. This short summary may keep your hope up if you are still waiting for visa approval for your loved ones.

Now I have a question and some help is required from your experiences.

My sister's passport is valid till Nov 2026 and her biometric is valid until Dec 2031. It is my undertsanding that she will not get her visa validation beyond Nov 2026, given the fact her passport expires during that month and year. Now, has someone had an experience to get an updated passport for their parents/siblings and then submit the updated passport to get maximum visa duration? Please note again that the PPR has already been received this morning. We just didn't expect that they are going to sit on these files for 1.5years.

Harpkhehra

Jun 7, 2022
Category........
VISIT
Hi All,
This morning I received the BVL and Passport Request for my Mother and Sister's visit visa. My Father's visit visa is still showing under process. I did see a ghost update almost 5 weeks back. I had applications on both the old and New portal. Both portals have received the same updates.
Entire Family applied together from Pakistan (Visa processing center is Abu Dhabi) on Dec 10 2021 (yes received PPR after 1.5 years!). My Parents had visit visas before and visited me couple of times previously (never over-stayed or anything else). Regarding my sister, she was the first time applicant. This short summary may keep your hope up if you are still waiting for visa approval for your loved ones.

My sister's passport is valid till Nov 2026 and her biometric is valid until Dec 2031. It is my undertsanding that she will not get her visa validation beyond Nov 2026, given the fact her passport expires during that month and year. Now, has someone had an experience to get an updated passport for their parents/siblings and then submit the updated passport to get maximum visa duration? Please note again that the PPR has already been received this morning. We just didn't expect that they are going to sit on these files for 1.5years.
Hi
what is your sister’s age?
occupation ?
reason for visit?
Can you please answer these..

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
what is your sister’s age?
occupation ?
reason for visit?
Can you please answer these..
Age at the time of application: 20yrs
Reason for visit: to visit brother (myself) and his family in Canada.

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Age at the time of application: 20yrs
Reason for visit: to visit brother (myself) and his family in Canada.
Hi Shahabz, I am in the same case scenerio.
I want to apply for my brothers tourist visa.
My parents already have visitor visa and they visited me last year.
My brother is currently 20 years in college in India in 2nd year.
I was wondering if you can help me in the documents you submitted to make your sisters application stronger.
It will be a great help.
Thank a lot again.

VIVEKGHAVRI

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
16-11-2016
File Transfer...
16-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2016
LANDED..........
15 DEC 2016
HELP !!
•Was an int. Student in canada for 3 years(2016-2019)
•Returned back home within my visa validity. Also Applied for a visitor record before going home, and it was approved.

•Since then I’ve been home and self taught myself music production. So basically i spent these 3 years in that. Also did some agriculture

•Now i wanna visit canada again for a visit to my old friends and some relative in canada. I have a Sole proprietorship of a business (6 months old). ITR of last 2 Years as well.

what are my chances ? Can i show them that i have returned before and i will return back this time as well ? I have planned to show return tickets for canada for added assurance.

do y’all think an honest cover letter and return tickets with few more ties will be sufficient for me ?

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hi All,

Hey! I’m in a similar situation. I applied in 2021 and received BVL in March 2023 (no PPR though) the passport I applied from expires in 8 months, but I have a new passport that’s valid for 10 years. I’ve heard you can submit the new passport, copy of old passport and give a reason explaining the change in passport and they give you a visa according to expiration of the new passport

I, however, still haven’t even heard back after BVL.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
I applied for my in-laws in the new portal under one group(and one payment) back on march 1st. My father in law got a passport request on may 19th, and nothing yet for my mother in law (even though we submitted the same exact supporting documents). Should I be worried ?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello guys,
I applied for my in-laws in the new portal under one group(and one payment) back on march 1st. My father in law got a passport request on may 19th, and nothing yet for my mother in law (even though we submitted the same exact supporting documents). Should I be worried ?
Same situation since April, I have sent multiple webforms but no answers.

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
Hello guys,
My cousin had the same situation happen to her. Her mom got the passport request quite quickly but no news on her dad's application. After a couple of months or so, there was something an issue with his biometrics but eventually now, after a few more months, her dad finally got the visa.

Not sure what I think about your case but just telling you her story.

Reactions: shruti tiwari