+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi @kumarh2020

Hope all is well. I'm trying to apply the Visit Visa for my parents. My Dad is a Lawyer, has properties and enough funds under his name to cover the travel to and from Canada. My mom is a homemaker and is dependant on my Father. She doesn't have a job.

I've learned that application will be processed individually in the new portal.I'm pretty optimistic for my Father's application considering the positives in his profile but not so much on my mother's profile. My dad can provide affidavit that he will be responsible for her expenses. Is this a negative thing from a VO perspective. I'm a permanent resident and can provide for her as well. what more can we provide to satisfy the VO that my mom will return back to the home country.

Your response/thoughts would be highly appreciated

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
go to bluedart site and ref no is actually tracking no... put tracking no in ref no and track it
Incorrect. I just chatted with customer support on VFS website and gave them the tracking ID, birth date and email ID. They gave me the return Airway Bill Number - using which I am able to track the return courier on blue dart tracking.

Reactions: yuvrajkalia19

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi @kumarh2020

Hope all is well. I'm trying to apply the Visit Visa for my parents. My Dad is a Lawyer, has properties and enough funds under his name to cover the travel to and from Canada. My mom is a homemaker and is dependant on my Father. She doesn't have a job.

I've learned that application will be processed individually in the new portal.I'm pretty optimistic for my Father's application considering the positives in his profile but not so much on my mother's profile. My dad can provide affidavit that he will be responsible for her expenses. Is this a negative thing from a VO perspective. I'm a permanent resident and can provide for her as well. what more can we provide to satisfy the VO that my mom will return back to the home country.

Your response/thoughts would be highly appreciated
Hi tom93, You can apply under as a group, even though you will fill two applications, they’ll remain in the group, and you can reference all funding and support of your mother from your father. He can mention same thing in his affidavit as well as you can mention the same in your invitation letter. All will be well ..! Good luck !

Reactions: tom93

poonamss

Oct 14, 2022
Thanks and congratulations.

My moms visa in process currently,
Applied on 17th September
Biometrics on 22nd September and updated on same.
Background check processing as per current status.
Lets see when review starts.
Hi,
I have applied for my mom on same date, biometrics updated same day 21st September and status is same as yours.. Did you get any update since then?

Reactions: mugg

Vikaskhatri786

Jul 10, 2019
Hello folks
Hope everyone is doing great.
I have applied for my parents visitors visa and the timeline is below
Applied- 29 June
Biometric- 5 July
They updated on the same day.
We have not heard anything after that.
Web form raised 1 September and no reply yet.
My wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby in 2 weeks. Just wants to know what are our options here.
We both are PR, can we apply for supervisa?
Can we reapply with Dr’s note?
Or just wait for any action on our current application?
Please help if anybody share the same timeline or in same situation. @kumarh2020
Thank you for reading my post and have a great week.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello folks
Hope everyone is doing great.
I have applied for my parents visitors visa and the timeline is below
Applied- 29 June
Biometric- 5 July
They updated on the same day.
We have not heard anything after that.
Web form raised 1 September and no reply yet.
My wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby in 2 weeks. Just wants to know what are our options here.
We both are PR, can we apply for supervisa?
Can we reapply with Dr’s note?
Or just wait for any action on our current application?
Please help if anybody share the same timeline or in same situation. @kumarh2020
Thank you for reading my post and have a great week.
Hi Vikas, at this point all you can do is wait. DO NOT mention to IRCC in application or via webform about pregnancy. IRCC will reject application and state that they would be taking someone's job who you can hire to take care of your baby and wife. Since your visitor visa application is in process, no need to submit super visa at this point. Goodluck! You should probably hear something by December or January. As they've announced they want to clear the backlog before this year end.

Reactions: yuvrajkalia19

User4859

Apr 27, 2021
Hi Vikas, at this point all you can do is wait. DO NOT mention to IRCC in application or via webform about pregnancy. IRCC will reject application and state that they would be taking someone's job who you can hire to take care of your baby and wife. Since your visitor visa application is in process, no need to submit super visa at this point. Goodluck! You should probably hear something by December or January. As they've announced they want to clear the backlog before this year end.
Hello, just to clarify, are you saying that IRCC's position re pregnancy is that expecting parents should hire help domestically (because it's good for the Canadian economy) rather than have the support of their own parents? Presumably the OPs parents would like to meet their grandchild in person for the first time as soon as possible. Also, as all parents (especially women) would know, having the care and support of your own parents after having a child is very different from the support of a nanny. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I hope IRCC isn't this heartless.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, just to clarify, are you saying that IRCC's position re pregnancy is that expecting parents should hire help domestically (because it's good for the Canadian economy) rather than have the support of their own parents? Presumably the OPs parents would like to meet their grandchild in person for the first time as soon as possible. Also, as all parents (especially women) would know, having the care and support of your own parents after having a child is very different from the support of a nanny. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I hope IRCC isn't this heartless.
Unfortunately yes, they are this heartless. They have been in over 99% of the cases and applications with pregnancy as a reason. They can invite POST pregnancy to say they are throwing a party for grandparents to meet. Still, post delivery or pre delivery care will be automatic rejection as it will trigger them to say "hire local help and support economy"

User4859

Apr 27, 2021
Unfortunately yes, they are this heartless. They have been in over 99% of the cases and applications with pregnancy as a reason. They can invite POST pregnancy to say they are throwing a party for grandparents to meet. Still, post delivery or pre delivery care will be automatic rejection as it will trigger them to say "hire local help and support economy"
This is so bizarre to me. I'm not saying I disagree with you and the reality of it, I just find it very hard to accept. There's a level of emotional support not being considered here (especially for women in postpartum) that can't be provided by a nanny. Sometimes having a parent nearby can make a huge difference. Also, the economic argument is flawed to me. It assumes you can afford a nanny and doesn't factor in the economic benefit (flights, food purchases, gas, etc, etc) of having visitors (in this case parents) come to Canada. Does anyone else find this really horrible? Like there's no public policy justification to me and it is just so ruthless.

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, I applied for my parent's Visitor Visa in a group where my father is the principal applicant. The biometric collection letter for my father has been generated but not for my mother (it will be 24 hours since application). Nor is the UCI generated for the applicant except for the principal applicant.
Please suggest.
Biometric Collection letter generated, it took slightly more than 26 hours from the time the application was submitted. Cannot explain why.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
This is so bizarre to me. I'm not saying I disagree with you and the reality of it, I just find it very hard to accept. There's a level of emotional support not being considered here (especially for women in postpartum) that can't be provided by a nanny. Sometimes having a parent nearby can make a huge difference. Also, the economic argument is flawed to me. It assumes you can afford a nanny and doesn't factor in the economic benefit (flights, food purchases, gas, etc, etc) of having visitors (in this case parents) come to Canada. Does anyone else find this really horrible? Like there's no public policy justification to me and it is just so ruthless.
Correct, it is bizarre, but it is the reality. If IRCC were to factor in emotional support in anything, they’d be printing visas for spouses to be together without waiting a year+ for spousal sponsorships, allowing boyfriend girlfriend to meet, fiancé’s to visit each other, grant parents visas / super visas almost instantly, and newborn babies of PR, Citizens, parents on WP, wouldn’t have to wait months and years to receive authorization to travel to Canada.

When speaking of economic argument, it’s not about what a visitor will bring to Canada (tourism, more consumption of food etc). It’s about what they can potentially take. They’re only concerned with job losses. For IRCC, if such care and support are needed, that can be provided by employing someone who’s a PR, on Work Permit, or Citizen within Canada first.

Mclovin001

Oct 18, 2022
Hi, is there anyone here who recently submitted their passport for stamping in london? How long did it take to receive the passport and let me know your timelines?