+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
Hi, does anyone has idea how long does it take for review of eligibility to complete; spousal application?

My timeline:
5th May application submission
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started
Hi... Did you get any update from IRCC.
If not yet, Please update us whenever you receive an update.

My Spousal application is also under processing.
Review Started Aug 14th, No update since then

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi... Did you get any update from IRCC.
If not yet, Please update us whenever you receive an update.

My Spousal application is also under processing.
Review Started Aug 14th, No update since then
Spousal applications have a different processing than visitor visa. Check spousal application forum on this site, and follow the thread that matches the month you applied in. They also have a spreadsheet where people list and update when they applied, and they update with each step with a date when an update is received. They also have a WhatsApp group by month for applications.

Anicherian

Jul 18, 2019
Hi,
I am appying for super visa for my parents via new portal. I am submitting through my Parent's new login. In Old portal, we were asked to fill all IMM forms where we will give their Sibling's information. But the same is not asked in new portal. Do we still need to submit those IMM forms in the new portal. Anybody who have submitted these in the new portal? Any help/info is appreciated.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I am appying for super visa for my parents via new portal. I am submitting through my Parent's new login. In Old portal, we were asked to fill all IMM forms where we will give their Sibling's information. But the same is not asked in new portal. Do we still need to submit those IMM forms in the new portal. Anybody who have submitted these in the new portal? Any help/info is appreciated.
No, submit what they ask for. New portal asks a series of questions which essentially are what IMM forms ask.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Happy I found this thread. I applied for my parents using the old website in June until someone informed me there is a new portal. So I submitted using the new portal in August. Haven’t heard anything yet both on the old and new websites.

co2020

May 31, 2020
What? Money back how? I applied on GC key portal on March 11th 2021 and no movement till date, then applied using the new portal on Aug 3rd and no news from there? There is no specific time line and no idea what IRCC is doing...i just saw on August thread that someone who applied on August 15th got the visa yesterday.
Can you please paste the link for the august thread here. I would like to check it out

I-me&myself

Jan 5, 2019
For my dad
Applied 2 Sept
Biometrics request 2 Sept
Biometrics done and updated on portal 7 Sept
Medical request and BV started 21 Sept
Medical completed 23rd Sept
Waiting for update on portal about medical
Any idea how long it takes to get Medical updated on portal?
It still says
We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Hi there,
I was wondering if any body got approved a visitor visa as a friend( visiting Canada to meet friend/partner) this year (application submitted in the new porportal. Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,
I was wondering if any body got approved a visitor visa as a friend( visiting Canada to meet friend/partner) this year (application submitted in the new porportal. Thanks,
Are you visiting a friend or a partner (fiancé, GF, BF) as the two are very different? Was there an invitation letter & what does it say?

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Are you visiting a friend or a partner (fiancé, GF, BF) as the two are very different? Was there an invitation letter & what does it say?
Thank you for your reply. My friend cum partner has applied for a visitor visa last year May and we did not hear any thing for 10 months. After waiting for so long we withdraw and we applied in the new portal this year April. In my letter of invitation, I did mention that she is my partner. I assume immigration will think that she wont go back and refuse it. however our application is way passed the curent processing time. I was wondering if similer application got approved this year at all! Thanks again.