+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Ok this great piece of information...

1) So are you saying that I should have linked the old UCI from GC key site (which i applied on March 11 tyh 2021) while applying for new a VISA application using the new portal to get my money back?
2) Where will the money come back to... my CC?
3) Just curious to know your opinion... my 2 year old child's canada visa regarding which the above conversation is about has a valid US visa, how come she still hasn't got a canada visa after 1.6 years?
4) What do you mean pending deep in the system...obviously this is a server right? not a paper based file where something can get buried deep down?

Apologies in advance if I'm coming forward as needling :)...It is so frustrating that IRCC has no standardised form of processing the application or we are not aware of how the systems works.

I just felt that you seem to have a great deal of understanding on how the system works and just trying to ask more questions to get more clarifications. Thanks in advance. Peace
No worries - we are all in the same boat, we all have visitor visa applications in system for our friends, relatives, parents, etc :) everyone here understands the aggravation, frustration we are all feeling and going through.

Regardless, the UCI number will be attached via the passport number, so there's no manual linking of applications from GCKEY or new portal. It's automatic and it will show them two applications once your second application is open. If you submitted biometrics in March 2021, they'll have already updated in your new file.

Also, IRCC itself announced that any applications PRIOR to September 2021, would need to be re-applied, and in due course, your money would refund on the original method of payment from one of the files.

Your 2 year old child would not qualify for USA visa - express processing because there's no background check done for individuals under 18. So, since the USA visa has very stringent requirements, and their background checks, criminal checks etc are far more superior to other nations, hence an active visa provides Canadian Embassy / IRCC a quicker processing and exemption of the background and criminal checks.

When I say pending / deep in the system, is because IRCC currently has over 2.7 million applications in the system. They have two systems working for them. The AI - artificial intelligence system spits out 'approved' or 'rejected' based on standard checks embedded in the algorithm. Any application that requires human intervention because Artificial intelligence software could not process it (due to any reason or it didn't have those standard operating attributes), then the file goes to the stack of files (systemic), for an officer to review. Ofcourse a lot of it is random as it seems, there is some method / processing method for them to access / review / process applications.

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
No worries - we are all in the same boat, we all have visitor visa applications in system for our friends, relatives, parents, etc :) everyone here understands the aggravation, frustration we are all feeling and going through.

Regardless, the UCI number will be attached via the passport number, so there's no manual linking of applications from GCKEY or new portal. It's automatic and it will show them two applications once your second application is open. If you submitted biometrics in March 2021, they'll have already updated in your new file.

Also, IRCC itself announced that any applications PRIOR to September 2021, would need to be re-applied, and in due course, your money would refund on the original method of payment from one of the files.

Your 2 year old child would not qualify for USA visa - express processing because there's no background check done for individuals under 18. So, since the USA visa has very stringent requirements, and their background checks, criminal checks etc are far more superior to other nations, hence an active visa provides Canadian Embassy / IRCC a quicker processing and exemption of the background and criminal checks.

When I say pending / deep in the system, is because IRCC currently has over 2.7 million applications in the system. They have two systems working for them. The AI - artificial intelligence system spits out 'approved' or 'rejected' based on standard checks embedded in the algorithm. Any application that requires human intervention because Artificial intelligence software could not process it (due to any reason or it didn't have those standard operating attributes), then the file goes to the stack of files (systemic), for an officer to review. Ofcourse a lot of it is random as it seems, there is some method / processing method for them to access / review / process applications.
Thank you so much man!...helps to keep the nerves calm. :)

In your experience do you have an guestimate when my child can get a PPR...considering all in the family members have a US visa with travel history and I have a Canada closed WP, my wife and elder child have valid Canada TRV.

I'm also considering withdrawing both the applications present in the system if I don't hear from them by September end and reapply for her from USA...do you think it makes sense?

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions and I appreciate your patience.

sheikhab

Aug 27, 2022
HI, I have applied UK tourist visa 1st and then applied Canada TVR for tourism. I didn't mentioned about UK visa application while TRV application submission because UK application status was pending that time and still in progress till date and waiting for result.

Below mentioned question was available in the form IMM5257.
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or order to remove Canada or any other country or territory?

Ongoing application for other country question was not available in form IMM5257 so I didn't mention anything.

Is it mandatory to inform IRCC about my UK visa application which is still pending?

Timelines:

UK Application 1st Aug 2022

TRV Applied on 6 Aug 2022 (GCKEY)
Biometric done on 8 Aug
Eligibility Review Started on 10 Aug
Now waiting for result
(Valid B1/B2 Visa, visited last year)

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Thank you so much man!...helps to keep the nerves calm. :)

In your experience do you have an guestimate when my child can get a PPR...considering all in the family members have a US visa with travel history and I have a Canada closed WP, my wife and elder child have valid Canada TRV.

I'm also considering withdrawing both the applications present in the system if I don't hear from them by September end and reapply for her from USA...do you think it makes sense?

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions and I appreciate your patience.
You're welcome! Don't worry much, we're all in this together!
Withdrawing applications won't be required, you can apply for US visa if you'd like, but let the IRCC take it's course, this time around it should be faster, as your previous application was from March 2021, which they've already said anyone applying prior to September 7th 2021, needs to apply again.

If he's an Indian citizen, then applying from USA for a Canadian TRV, won't help getting the TRV and will most likely be a rejection, as you're the significant tie in Canada, and will only jeopardize her UCI# and history for your son in the future.. if ever he needs to apply for TRV / PR, etc etc.. and he doesn't remember that when he was 2, his parents had applied twice, withdrawn, and tried applying via USA, and eventually back to IRCC, and if he doesn't remember all of this as he grows up, he can be banned for misrepresentation.

Reactions: shankarbala

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Withdrawing applications won't be required, you can apply for US visa if you'd like, but let the IRCC take it's course, this time around it should be faster, as your previous application was from March 2021, which they've already said anyone applying prior to September 7th 2021, needs to apply again.

If he's an Indian citizen, then applying from USA for a Canadian TRV, won't help getting the TRV and will most likely be a rejection, as you're the significant tie in Canada, and will only jeopardize her UCI# and history for your son in the future.. if ever he needs to apply for TRV / PR, etc etc.. and he doesn't remember that when he was 2, his parents had applied twice, withdrawn, and tried applying via USA, and eventually back to IRCC, and if he doesn't remember all of this as he grows up, he can be banned for misrepresentation.
I am in a bit of a similar situation, I applied for my newborn son in Nov 2021 and reapplied in May 2022 ( from Ethiopia) Both applications are active and on gckey. I have contacted the nairobi office and they sent a general reply. what should I do now? should I apply a third time on new portal? would that delay the application further. Please help!

P.S : both my husband and I have active visitor

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I am in a bit of a similar situation, I applied for my newborn son in Nov 2021 and reapplied in May 2022 ( from Ethiopia) Both applications are active and on gckey. I have contacted the nairobi office and they sent a general reply. what should I do now? should I apply a third time on new portal? would that delay the application further. Please help!

P.S : both my husband and I have active visitor
Don't apply again, check processing times for your country, and I believe May 2022 applications would have over 150 days of processing time at this point. You and your husband having Canadian visitor visa does not make your son eligible for a TRV. If you have provided a good reason for getting his visitor visa, your son may get a 6 month or maybe 2 year visa because of his age.

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
Haven't received any email..
But i see the message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under eligibility review.
This message appeared on August 15.

Note : I have one other concern regarding medicals. Earlier, "You passed the medicals status was updated earlier on May 9, 2022."
Those medicals have expired on Aug 13 and we have redone medicals and submitted webform informing the new UMI# for update on Aug 14.
and the medicals status is showing currently as "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Not sure if this was updated in the back end?
No further updates,, Same message of "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under eligibility review. Application Submitted on April 12, 2022
The second Medicals is updated yesterday.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • September 2, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • April 19, 2022 Completed.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021

Thank you so much again. I really appreciate your honest advice and will take it. Child has a USA visa hence they can always come over there when they want...and we will not withdraw the Canada visa application and will wait it out. Will send you a message as and when it get's approved.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hello members,
Last week I put a inquiry on my mother’s visit visa application as her application processing time has been passed.
My local MP said that they inquire about the application and the CIC officer said that eligibility review is in process. He also said that the application is a non-routine application so the processing time did not apply to her application.
Is anybody used to deal with that type of application term or anybody in the same situation?
please Comments
Thank you
Najabad

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Hi,
I'm submitting a visitor visa application for a family member(fiancé) through the new portal from India. I don't see a field or requirement to upload a photo. Do we submit our photo during biometrics submission or just under additional documents?

Thanks

Last edited:

rahulbakshi

Apr 8, 2015
Hi All,

Is there a tracker for a visa-tracker of some sort for TRV applications? I had applied for my parents visa in Apr'22. It's been 6 months but there's no movement on the file. They got the Biometric done within a week of the application submission, but since then there's update on the application.

Another question - In case if I cancel that application (not sure on the process, but assuming I am able to cancel that application), can I raise a Super Visa application for them? Are there any potential issues with that?

Any advice or insights would be really helpful!

Thanks to all. And all the best for your applications!

tallus01

Jul 25, 2022
No further updates,, Same message of "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under eligibility review. Application Submitted on April 12, 2022
The second Medicals is updated yesterday.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • September 2, 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • April 19, 2022 Completed.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
No further updates yet.
My application has now passed the processing times mentioned on the website..
Not sure what else to do now.. No proper response to the webforms other than standard template answers.. this is bad

Vaibhav_1989

Star Member
May 6, 2019
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi,
Applied for TRV for my mother and sister, mother is primary applicant. Received BIL for primary applicant, not for my sister.
Does this BIL for primary applicant will work for both? Or I should wait for another BIL for co-applicant?
Please suggest.

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone has idea how long does it take for review of eligibility to complete; spousal application?

My timeline:
5th May application submission
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started