+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello All,

I need guidance for the below doubts:
1. My niece is planning to visit me in the Summer for one month. she is working and 28 years old. shall I provide a letter of invitation? as someone said I could give an invitation only to my siblings and parents? if Yes, do I need to prove my relationship with her??
2. for the funds; her father is sponsoring her trip as she does not have much savings. but she has been working since 2020. is it ok to submit her account and her father's bank statement? what are the documents required by her father? or he can deposit funds in her account but then those would be recent:( really confused.
please guide.
99.9% chance of rejection due to age, funds, job history, marital status being single, no property owned by her. Try student visa to bring her to Canada..

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
99.9% chance of rejection due to age, funds, job history, marital status being single, no property owned by her. Try student visa to bring her to Canada..
Yes her father can transfer fund in her account but ask the bank rep just to give a statement of the total balance (not in monthly balance). Its doable as I did that before. If not then try to speak with thr bank manager.
For letter of invitation I am not sure if its only for sibling...i hope someone else can give u a real answer on this one.
Remember...the wait will be long...very long

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Hi I have a question, once they starts application review they informed via email or online message.
What’s the online status shows like?
Please reply thanks

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Hi I have a question, once they starts application review they informed via email or online message.
Please reply thanks
They will send an email saying there is an update on your application. Be more specific by what u mean what the online status shows like.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Please reply thanks
Online sometimes doesnt show anything until evrything is complete. They do update when application, biometric request ( biometric complete may update day after its done and in some cases afterward) biometric validity letter and then passport request (both of mine got updated same day) when your application is near complete.

Najabad14

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12,2015
Doc's Request.
22Feb 2016, 23 March 2016, 24 June 2016
File Transfer...
20 Sep 2015
Med's Request
3 June ,2016
Med's Done....
14 June 2016
Passport Req..
22-07-2016
Online sometimes doesnt show anything until evrything is complete. They do update when application, biometric request ( biometric complete may update day after its done and in some cases afterward) biometric validity letter and then passport request (both of mine got updated same day) when your application is near complete.
thanks for your reply:
Current eligibility status shows

o We are reviewing whether you meet
the eligibility requirements.

what dose this mean? They start reviewing eligibility?

Reactions: 2cookies

kartheeque

Mar 16, 2018
Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I noticed that they require marriage certificate for my parents. But they don't have it. But their passports have each others' names. Is that sufficient proof? Can I upload their passport page with spouse name and attach an explanation letter? Will that be accepted?

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Hi, I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I noticed that they require marriage certificate for my parents. But they don't have it. But their passports have each others' names. Is that sufficient proof? Can I upload their passport page with spouse name and attach an explanation letter? Will that be accepted?
They can get an affidavit made. Proof of marriage is a requirement.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
thanks for your reply:

It means they are reviewing the information you have submitted, and yes, your eligibility

Reactions: 2cookies

RameshBabu_89

Nov 15, 2019
Montreal
Hello,

I have applied for visitor's visa for my In-Laws back in Mar 28,2022 and Biometrics were submitted on April 1,2022. Since then there is no update on the application. Is anyone here on the same timelines with no updates?

Thank you

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

I have applied for visitor's visa for my In-Laws back in Mar 28,2022 and Biometrics were submitted on April 1,2022. Since then there is no update on the application. Is anyone here on the same timelines with no updates?

Thank you
If from India, it is averaging at 6 months. Best of Luck

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
thanks for your reply:

This a default reply. They may have started working on your app but u will get no further info from them now atleast until within your processing time