+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
For those who got their passport back ( with stamp visa )...for how long are they giving the visa for?
TY

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi All,
I have a question. I had applied visitor visa for my parents via the new portal (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/). The application was submitted on the 20th of Feb 2022 and the biometrics were done on the 23rd of Feb. Since then there has been no update on the application. Has anyone else faced this issue? What can I do to move the application forward?
if you've passed the processing times, in your case, it seems so, then you can send a webform to follow up and ask to process soon

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
if you've passed the processing times, in your case, it seems so, then you can send a webform to follow up and ask to process soon
I followed up on the applications using the webform yesterday. I believe they take over a month to respond. I also tried reaching them via phone call after trying for a couple of hours I gave up because the system doesn't transfer the call to the agent.

Has anyone gotten the visitor visa approved for parents recently in this group?

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I have seen people whose applications were not being processed since long time.they re applied the visa and got the visa in couple of weeks.I will also think about it if it doesn’t go well in my case.

CGYMAAN87

Oct 26, 2015
I applied for my aunt, uncle, and cousin's visitor visa application on April 6th, just saw today that they have started the eligibility check for my aunt and uncle's application but not for my cousin, it still says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility " under his application status. Is it normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Applied using IRCC portal on 6th April
Biometrics- 13th April

shruti tiwari

Sep 16, 2014
I applied for my aunt, uncle, and cousin's visitor visa application on April 6th, just saw today that they have started the eligibility check for my aunt and uncle's application but not for my cousin, it still says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility " under his application status. Is it normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Biometrics- 13th April
This is normal
Lots of people experiencing this recently
Which country did you apply from?

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
I followed up on the applications using the webform yesterday. I believe they take over a month to respond. I also tried reaching them via phone call after trying for a couple of hours I gave up because the system doesn't transfer the call to the agent.

Has anyone gotten the visitor visa approved for parents recently in this group?
IRCC responded. It was an automated reply saying nothing about the application status... No use at all

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Did anybody receive PPR recently?
Or cic just halted the visitor visa processing for now because they want to priorities study visas and work visas.
They are working on all visas...some are getting their visitor visa. Ull need to chek your processing time

Vaibhav_1989

Star Member
May 6, 2019
New Delhi
NOC Code......

Biometrics- 13th April
Same timeline and same status for me.
Webform raised. Reply rec'd, but nothing stated about status in this reply.
Applied from New Delhi INDIA
Applied for GCMS & waiting for the same.

Reactions: 2cookies

CGYMAAN87

Oct 26, 2015
Same timeline and same status for me.
Webform raised. Reply rec'd, but nothing stated about status in this reply.
Applied from New Delhi INDIA
Applied for GCMS & waiting for the same.
If I'm not wrong processing time from India is now around 130 days, I have heard if your application submission date hasn't exceeded this time they will send back their generic response to wait. GCMS notes would also take 30 days to come. When did you apply for GCMS notes?