+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi folks,

My parents applied for a Canadian visitor visa in April and received a passport submission request couple of days back.
They submitted their biometrics in Ahmedabad, India so ideally I think they need to submit the passport to the same VFS.

However, they had to travel to the US and are in the US right now. They will be in the US for 5 months now.
Does anyone know if they would allow sending a passport to the US?

Where should I contact them? I tried calling the CIC helpline but it keeps saying we cannot process your call right now due to many requests.
Webform seems to be the other way but it asks for "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" question which I am not sure what to answer.
If I answer, yes my application is being processed by an office outside of Canada then it asks for the office name.

I would very much appreciate any help here.
U can submit their passports in VFS at US.I am sure their passports can be stamped in the US.So send a request to VFS Canada in US for passport submission.
Once u get passport submission request ,u can submit passport around the globe at VFS CANADA.that is the case of express entry or other work visas.
I m sure tourist will also be in this category.

Reactions: 2cookies

HtsCan

Apr 18, 2021
Hello Guys ..! New to this forum ..!
Applied for my parents visitors visa ..!

Timeline:
Application Submitted: June 11, 2022
Biometric Request: June 11, 2022 (after 4 hours)
Biometric Done: June 15, 2022
Biometric updated on portal: June 15, 2022

Is the application process this much faster or it’s just faster initially and now hold back ?

Reactions: shanky1202

puchic

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys! applied for wife's visitor over a month ago from India (over 30 business days now). Looks like an asteroid crashing into the earth has more chances than getting the visitor visa/family reunification approved.
It's funny they call it family reunification and reject on the basis that you won't go back to your home country. But if you just want to visit your spouse, then it's not actually a 'reunification'? I know marijuana is legal in Canada but...
lol
Hi there, is you spouse's visit approved?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello Guys ..! New to this forum ..!
Applied for my parents visitors visa ..!

Timeline:
Application Submitted: June 11, 2022
Biometric Request: June 11, 2022 (after 4 hours)
Biometric Done: June 15, 2022
Biometric updated on portal: June 15, 2022

Is the application process this much faster or it’s just faster initially and now hold back ?
Usually this process is done in 2-4 days.. the waiting game begins now..

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello,
I want to apply for tourist visa for my parents. My parents had Canada visa a year ago but they didn’t visit during that time. I don’t know the process as first time they had applied with help of agent. Agent is charging too high fee.
I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format?
Could any one walk through the process? Do we have to use same UCI number which was earlier used in tourist visa?? What are dos and don'ts?
Please share your valuable insights.
Yes you need to write a letter - it can be basic. Many people have shared formats in here, just do a quick search, you'll find.
New IRCC portal is very easy and it will guide you step by step. You don't need to finish in one sitting as well, you can save and go back to it later.

Go on YouTube and find New IRCC portal instruction video, and there are some good ones there.
Collect your parents' property papers, any FD's proofs, their 6 month bank statements, and any other assets they own in India.
Their aadhar cards, passport copies front and back pages, if they are working then get letter from their employers confirming employment and holidays. If they have own business, show business proofs, and last year ITRs (in business or employment, whichever they do), if they are retired, get their pension proofs, and retirement proofs.

Goodluck!

Reactions: hello2018

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello,
I want to apply for tourist visa for my parents. My parents had Canada visa a year ago but they didn’t visit during that time. I don’t know the process as first time they had applied with help of agent. Agent is charging too high fee.
I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format?
Could any one walk through the process? Do we have to use same UCI number which was earlier used in tourist visa?? What are dos and don'ts?
Yes their UCI number remains same for lifetime. Have they done biometrics before? If yes, then they won't have to do biometrics either.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello,
Here's a good youtube link I used as well to get some doubts cleared.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Lolzz....I applied for my Parents Visitor almost its 6 month file processing does not move an inch
You can send a webform to follow up. If you have already done this a few times and got no response, you should just apply again, and have the old file removed. It will process faster. Have they done the biometrics, and was it updated on the file in system? Did eligibility review start? Background check? Or was the last thing updated was biometric?

hello2018

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Yes you need to write a letter - it can be basic. Many people have shared formats in here, just do a quick search, you'll find.
New IRCC portal is very easy and it will guide you step by step. You don't need to finish in one sitting as well, you can save and go back to it later.

Go on YouTube and find New IRCC portal instruction video, and there are some good ones there.
Collect your parents' property papers, any FD's proofs, their 6 month bank statements, and any other assets they own in India.
Their aadhar cards, passport copies front and back pages, if they are working then get letter from their employers confirming employment and holidays. If they have own business, show business proofs, and last year ITRs (in business or employment, whichever they do), if they are retired, get their pension proofs, and retirement proofs.

Goodluck!
Thank you very much for reply