+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Finally... Got PPR for my parents today....It was a long long wait

Application submitted: 19 Jan 2022
Biometrics request: 20 Jan 2022
Biometrics appointment done: 2 Feb 2022
PPR Request: 10th June 2022
Hey, when did you eligibllity started? and what dates were they invited for?

btw Congratulations

deolvicky

Aug 8, 2017
Hey, when did you eligibllity started? and what dates were they invited for?

btw Congratulations
Eligibility review started same date: 10 June 2022.

I don't remember any specific invitation date, was generally summer, But they had enough previous travel history to Canada.

Reactions: Stu234

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
My sister and minor nephew got PPR yesterday finally.

Application date: 22-FEB-2022
Biometrics: 03-MAR-2022
PPR: 10-JUN-2022
VO: Singapore

Reactions: Stu234

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,
I am a PR holder in Canada. I am planning to apply for my parent's visa who will be visiting me from India. I am planning to use the new IRCC portal. I have a few questions hoping the previous applicants can help me through:

1. Any difference between using GC key and IRCC portal? The Portal seems less complicated in terms of questions and documents but just wanted to understand if there is a specific reason to use one over the other.
2. For proof of funds, I want to say I will take care of their expenses here and I have sufficient funds. Ques is do I still need to show some funds from my parent's side?
3. THe portal doesn't ask for an itinerary or plane tickets etc, but they do ask for dates and purpose of visit etc. in a question. Should I be too cautious and provide a small itinerary in that question box?
4. My mom is a homemaker while my dad has his own business. I am planning to apply for a group application for them that has each of their application details. What do I attach to show their ties back to India? Since there is no specific document asked for showing ties back.

Rohanshah123

Jan 19, 2022
Hi all,
I am a PR holder in Canada. I am planning to apply for my parent's visa who will be visiting me from India. I am planning to use the new IRCC portal. I have a few questions hoping the previous applicants can help me through:

1. Any difference between using GC key and IRCC portal? The Portal seems less complicated in terms of questions and documents but just wanted to understand if there is a specific reason to use one over the other.
2. For proof of funds, I want to say I will take care of their expenses here and I have sufficient funds. Ques is do I still need to show some funds from my parent's side?
3. THe portal doesn't ask for an itinerary or plane tickets etc, but they do ask for dates and purpose of visit etc. in a question. Should I be too cautious and provide a small itinerary in that question box?
4. My mom is a homemaker while my dad has his own business. I am planning to apply for a group application for them that has each of their application details. What do I attach to show their ties back to India? Since there is no specific document asked for showing ties back.
Hello,

I have been searching for the same and I will answer some of your questions as per my best knowledge. Note, It may be different than someone's opinion
1> I heard that processing time will be a little faster with portal than GC key.
2> Maybe not but not sure
3> I don't think it is mandatory but you can if you have one
4> One of the main areas you should focus on coz most of the rejection comes due to lake of documents/ ties to your home country. You can provide all the docs which prove ownership of the assets/Properties. Income tax docs, any business ownership/ sales, pension letter if you have one etc

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi everyone,

A quick question regarding biometrics,

My aunt applied for a visit visa she is the principal applicant along with her daughter, only my aunt got a biometric instruction letter, not her daughter

Does every applicant get a different Biometric letter or the one Prcinicpal applicant gets is used for all the group?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

A quick question regarding biometrics,

My aunt applied for a visit visa she is the principal applicant along with her daughter, only my aunt got a biometric instruction letter, not her daughter

Does every applicant get a different Biometric letter or the one Prcinicpal applicant gets is used for all the group?

Thanks
How old is her daughter? sometimes letters don’t arrive at the same time.

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hello,

I have been searching for the same and I will answer some of your questions as per my best knowledge. Note, It may be different than someone's opinion
1> I heard that processing time will be a little faster with portal than GC key.
2> Maybe not but not sure
3> I don't think it is mandatory but you can if you have one
4> One of the main areas you should focus on coz most of the rejection comes due to lake of documents/ ties to your home country. You can provide all the docs which prove ownership of the assets/Properties. Income tax docs, any business ownership/ sales, pension letter if you have one etc

Thanks!

I also want to apply for my brother, he applied a couple of years ago and got rejected so now I am wondering if I should apply for his visa together with my parents or because of his history apply for his visa separately.

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
Hi folks,

My parents applied for a Canadian visitor visa in April and received a passport submission request couple of days back.
They submitted their biometrics in Ahmedabad, India so ideally I think they need to submit the passport to the same VFS.

However, they had to travel to the US and are in the US right now. They will be in the US for 5 months now.
Does anyone know if they would allow sending a passport to the US?

Where should I contact them? I tried calling the CIC helpline but it keeps saying we cannot process your call right now due to many requests.
Webform seems to be the other way but it asks for "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" question which I am not sure what to answer.
If I answer, yes my application is being processed by an office outside of Canada then it asks for the office name.

I would very much appreciate any help here.

Reactions: 2cookies

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi folks,

My parents applied for a Canadian visitor visa in April and received a passport submission request couple of days back.
They submitted their biometrics in Ahmedabad, India so ideally I think they need to submit the passport to the same VFS.

However, they had to travel to the US and are in the US right now. They will be in the US for 5 months now.
Does anyone know if they would allow sending a passport to the US?

Where should I contact them? I tried calling the CIC helpline but it keeps saying we cannot process your call right now due to many requests.
Webform seems to be the other way but it asks for "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" question which I am not sure what to answer.
If I answer, yes my application is being processed by an office outside of Canada then it asks for the office name.

I would very much appreciate any help here.
They can send their passport by courrier to the same vfs...not sure about US VFS

hello2018

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hello,
I want to apply for tourist visa for my parents. My parents had Canada visa a year ago but they didn’t visit during that time. I don’t know the process as first time they had applied with help of agent. Agent is charging too high fee.
I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format?
Could any one walk through the process? Do we have to use same UCI number which was earlier used in tourist visa?? What are dos and don'ts?
Please share your valuable insights.