+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

My wife sister wants to apply visit visa and they hold nonimmigrant status(H1B) Can anyone have sample invitation letter?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,
Do you currently hold a valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa?

My wife sister family holds H1B visa? I think H1B comes under non immigrant visa? Please advise

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi Guys,
Do you currently hold a valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa?

My wife sister family holds H1B visa? I think H1B comes under non immigrant visa? Please advise
That's right, it is a non immigrant visa.. when you select yes, it'll ask you to load scanned page of this visa in the document section and any travel history along with it to US

tahaa21

Oct 4, 2017
I am not aware of any old portal. I used this link to apply
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

I used the reason 'Reunite with family member - non-dependent child'

I provided all possible documentation to prove that they will not stay back forever in Canada like their property papers back in India, bank account details, my sister's detail(she lives in the states). My parents are retired so could not provide job info so instead I provided the property papers showing that they own property back in India.
I also provided my birth certificate for no reason - just in case they need the proof that they are actually my parents lol.
Hi Nila,

I am applying from the new portal and supporting documents shown is Passport & Proof of Funds. Under Optional section I see Additional documents. I just want to know if you also had same options or I am doing something wrong.

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
That's right, it is a non immigrant visa.. when you select yes, it'll ask you to load scanned page of this visa in the document section and any travel history along with it to US
@kumarh2020 Thank you. Also My wife sister is applying and do we need to keep her as primary applicant and her husband as secondary applicant? Also how much do they need to show proof of funds?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Yes - let her be primary. I believe for two it is around $20k
@kumarh2020 Thank you. I filled my wife sister application and when filling out her husband visa application what option should i select?

Why do you need a visa? (required)
1.To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
2.To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support
3.To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
4.To join a vessel as a marine crew member
5.To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
6.To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
7.To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
8.To visit Canada as a tourist
9.To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
10.To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
11.To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
12.To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
13.To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)
14.For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training
15.For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
16.To study without a permit for less than 6 months
17.To work without a permit
18.Not sure

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mom’s supervisa timeline via new portal:

March 29: Application submitted
March 30: BIL
April 5: Biometrics completed
April 6: Upfront medical updated
April 18: Medical exam passed
May 31: BVL + Eligibility started
June 1: Approved + PPR
Congratulations !

Where are you from ?

sumq

Jun 21, 2021
Any idea when the eligibility started and when it completed? What's a BVL and whats in it?
Was there any update or communication between Feb 10 and May 28?
Eligibility Review started on May 06.
BVL stands for "Biometrics Validity Letter". It contains validity of your biometrics information including the biometric validity date.
There was no communication between Feb 10 and May 28.

Reactions: nyiable