+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone.. I've received my PR and am ready to fly out in July this year.
I'm trying to apply for a visit visa for my mother via the new portal. While I understand most of the questions, I wanted to check what option do I select? I've select to visit as a tourist.
She has a valid US Visa. The portal isn't asking for any financial documents or anything. Does anyone know if there will be medical required or not?
Yes u will need to show her bank statement even if you are sponsoring her.
Medical is not required until they ask for it during the process.
Also show her travel history...there are other thread u can check to have an idea what to sibmit with your application

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi ,

Can you tell me which portal did you use to submit your parent's application?
Is it old or new portal? If new portal- What is the reason to select in the new portal why they are visiting Canada?

Any additional documents you provided to make the case strong?
I am not aware of any old portal. I used this link to apply
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

I used the reason 'Reunite with family member - non-dependent child'

I provided all possible documentation to prove that they will not stay back forever in Canada like their property papers back in India, bank account details, my sister's detail(she lives in the states). My parents are retired so could not provide job info so instead I provided the property papers showing that they own property back in India.
I also provided my birth certificate for no reason - just in case they need the proof that they are actually my parents lol.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
Need help !!
My sister applied for visitor visa on 16th May 2022. She did one mistake in the application form. By mistake she has provided my UCI number in the application. She received letter for Biometric. She got new UCI# assigned. She is applying first time so she never had UCI#. As she has provided incorrect UCI# in the application , will this cause any issue? Please let me know if there is any way to update the application.
She can raise a webform to inform them of the issue and wait for their instruction

Reactions: Mahi23

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
I am not aware of any old portal. I used this link to apply
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

I used the reason 'Reunite with family member - non-dependent child'

I provided all possible documentation to prove that they will not stay back forever in Canada like their property papers back in India, bank account details, my sister's detail(she lives in the states). My parents are retired so could not provide job info so instead I provided the property papers showing that they own property back in India.
I also provided my birth certificate for no reason - just in case they need the proof that they are actually my parents lol.
U did well. When did u applied?

KaZee20

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
My parents' application on the old portal was withdrawn on May 2nd, but I am yet to receive anything on the new portal. It will be 5 months since I applied on the new portal on Friday.
Please, for those who applied on both the old and new portals, how long did it take to get a response on the new portal after your application on the old portal was withdrawn?
Thank you.
Hi @Rachael03 did you apply for Super Visa?

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Yes u will need to show her bank statement even if you are sponsoring her.
Medical is not required until they ask for it during the process.
Also show her travel history...there are other thread u can check to have an idea what to sibmit with your application
Even though it doesn’t ask for any financial documents? I’m being asked to upload only US visa n passport pages.

Reactions: 2cookies

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Even though it doesn’t ask for any financial documents? I’m being asked to upload only US visa n passport pages.
Yes even if doesnt ask for it. You may want to included as much relevant document to support your application. On the new portal you wont have option to upload individual document...ull need to attach/zip all document in one file and not exceeding the required size..its doable

mysohail

May 18, 2022
Dhaka
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Singapore
What if someone had Canadian TRV and didn't travel to Canada will they be eligible under the Category?
This is bogus! I applied on 6th March uploading my valid B1/B2 visa still there is no updates. I also applied in the old GCKey system on June 03, 2021; nothing is moving. I'm from Bangladesh.

mysohail

May 18, 2022
Dhaka
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi All,
I applied for my parents' visa on 14th Feb and the application got approved on 10th May and they asked to submit passport for stamping. Parents currently live in Kolkata so VAC office will be Kolkata. When I read through all the instructions on the Kolkata VAC website, I am unable to make an appointment for the passport submission to their office. All appointment options are for either biometric or new visa application. Should I ask my parents to just go to VAC with the request letter, consent form and passports and ask around there and submit directly?
Can anyone help please letting me know how did it go for their parents/relatives' applications?

Thanks so much
Yes, for passport submission appointments can only be made through phone calls/email. There is no online system for that.