+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi guys, I just checked that there is something known as CAN+ visa processing. If you have visited Canada in last 10 years or if you currently have valid US non-immigrant visa. Under this, visas are processed on priority basis and people generally get results in 3 to 5 working days. Their case is generally processed in CPC, rather than local visa offices which are pathetic (Delhi IRCC takes 5 to 6 working days just to put visa sticker for approved cases, so you can imagine). They also don't need to submit any financial documents, probably that's the reason why many people didn't had the financial document section for uploading.

I was mentioning it here as I saw many posts/conversation where people mentioned having US visa does not have any impact on US visa process. So I am not sure how many people dont know about it. I don't know the situation due to COVID, but getting US visa was quite straightforward. One can give US visa interview, can give reason like holiday in Hawaii, and kids would be joining from Canada. Get US visa and then apply for Canadian visa, when you are sure it would be processed in Canada CPC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=877&top=16

https://www.uiis.ca/visitor-visa-can/#:~:text=Answer: CAN+ is a program,of their Canadian visa application.
What if someone had Canadian TRV and didn't travel to Canada will they be eligible under the Category?

mangalam1235

Nov 8, 2021
Hi All,
I applied for my parents' visa on 14th Feb and the application got approved on 10th May and they asked to submit passport for stamping. Parents currently live in Kolkata so VAC office will be Kolkata. When I read through all the instructions on the Kolkata VAC website, I am unable to make an appointment for the passport submission to their office. All appointment options are for either biometric or new visa application. Should I ask my parents to just go to VAC with the request letter, consent form and passports and ask around there and submit directly?
Can anyone help please letting me know how did it go for their parents/relatives' applications?

Thanks so much
Hi ,

Can you tell me which portal did you use to submit your parent's application?
Is it old or new portal? If new portal- What is the reason to select in the new portal why they are visiting Canada?

Any additional documents you provided to make the case strong?

mangalam1235

Nov 8, 2021
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me which portal to use to submit parent's visitor visa application?
Is it old or new portal?
If new portal- What is the reason to select in the new portal why they are visiting Canada?

I can see all these options at first in new portal

Why are you applying for a visitor visa? (required)
To unite with a family member
To visit on business
To attend a funeral or provide support to a critically ill person
To join a vessel (marine crew member)
To assume a diplomatic post
To come with an immediate family member who’s assuming a diplomatic post
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine Airlines PS752
To get the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET)
None of the above

Also Any additional documents needs to be provided to make the case strong?

Thank you so much.

Reactions: 2cookies

Goodmankevin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Same case with me. My mother's passport is dispatched today. I received an update on her new IRCC portal account.
It shows:
Latest update:
Final decision - May 16, 2022:
Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

However, no counterfoil/pdf. Also, the application status still shows - Submitted on the Account Home page.

What is the application status in your case?
I have the same issue.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me which portal to use to submit parent's visitor visa application?
Is it old or new portal?
If new portal- What is the reason to select in the new portal why they are visiting Canada?

I can see all these options at first in new portal

Why are you applying for a visitor visa? (required)
To unite with a family member
To visit on business
To attend a funeral or provide support to a critically ill person
To join a vessel (marine crew member)
To assume a diplomatic post
To come with an immediate family member who’s assuming a diplomatic post
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine Airlines PS752
To get the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET)
None of the above

Also Any additional documents needs to be provided to make the case strong?

Thank you so much.
I use new portal and selected the first option.

Reactions: mangalam1235

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone.. I've received my PR and am ready to fly out in July this year.
I'm trying to apply for a visit visa for my mother via the new portal. While I understand most of the questions, I wanted to check what option do I select? I've select to visit as a tourist.
She has a valid US Visa. The portal isn't asking for any financial documents or anything. Does anyone know if there will be medical required or not?

Rachael03

Dec 20, 2021
Hello everyone,
My parents' application on the old portal was withdrawn on May 2nd, but I am yet to receive anything on the new portal. It will be 5 months since I applied on the new portal on Friday.
Please, for those who applied on both the old and new portals, how long did it take to get a response on the new portal after your application on the old portal was withdrawn?
Thank you.

Mahi23

Feb 17, 2021
Hi All,
Need help !!
My sister applied for visitor visa on 16th May 2022. She did one mistake in the application form. By mistake she has provided my UCI number in the application. She received letter for Biometric. She got new UCI# assigned. She is applying first time so she never had UCI#. As she has provided incorrect UCI# in the application , will this cause any issue? Please let me know if there is any way to update the application.

ajkmasoh

May 17, 2022
Hello everyone,
My parents' application on the old portal was withdrawn on May 2nd, but I am yet to receive anything on the new portal. It will be 5 months since I applied on the new portal on Friday.
Please, for those who applied on both the old and new portals, how long did it take to get a response on the new portal after your application on the old portal was withdrawn?
Thank you.
which country?