+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

absabina21

May 9, 2022
I applied for supervisa for my parents on March 6 2022. But the visa got refused on April 27 2022 due to some missing documents. Now I want to apply for Visitor visa through new portal as I want my parents to come visit me and my two months old daughter as soon as possible. Will there be any problem if I apply for visitor visa for my parents instead of supervisa now?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I applied for supervisa for my parents on March 6 2022. But the visa got refused on April 27 2022 due to some missing documents. Now I want to apply for Visitor visa through new portal as I want my parents to come visit me and my two months old daughter as soon as possible. Will there be any problem if I apply for visitor visa for my parents instead of supervisa now?
No Issue , you can apply
Please make sure you work on the refusal reason (Provide that document in V V that is needed )

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cookies

absabina21

May 9, 2022
No Issue , you can apply
Please make sure you work on the refusal reason (Provide that document in in V V that is needed )

Good Luck
Thank you for your response.

Do I have to provide explanation anywhere about the refusal or in the Invitation letter as I am now applying for the visitor visa instead of supervisa for my parents?
Is the processing time for visitor visa shorter than supervisa if applied through new portal?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
VV for parents and dependent Brother on New portal
Application submitted: Jan 26/2022
Biometric: Jan 30/2022
BVL and PPR: May 06/2022
Unfortunately VV for my brother was refused.
what documents you submitted for parents

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Thank you for your response.

Do I have to provide explanation anywhere about the refusal or in the Invitation letter as I am now applying for the visitor visa instead of supervisa for my parents?
Is the processing time for visitor visa shorter than supervisa if applied through new portal?
In Visiter Visa main Form questioner there is one Q , have you ever got refusal , You must mention "Yes" and provide reason for same.

For processing time it vary fro country to country Please find the link to check processing time ,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Usually , V V and SV processing time is same . (may be 5-10 day difference )

Good Luck

absabina21

May 9, 2022
In Visiter Visa main Form questioner there is one Q , have you ever got refusal , You must mention "Yes" and provide reason for same.

For processing time it vary fro country to country Please find the link to check processing time ,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Usually , V V and SV processing time is same . (may be 5-10 day difference )

Good Luck
Great! Thank you so much for your help.

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021
Is it better to reapply for third time since there is no progress on dec 2021 re-application of visitor visa. Thoughts?

pratik peter

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
My father is farmer so I included land ownership and tax return for last 2 years.
I included my job letter, bank statement last 4 months and payslips for last 3 months
I only showed my bank balance and wrote letter saying I will take care of their expense, though I feel I should have shown their balance too.

Apr 2, 2019
i am waiting my parent’s visitor visa since aug 2021. biometeric completed .. after that no updates.. applied from india
any suggestions??
I am also in the same situation applied for visitor visa (Visa Office Delhi) on new portal for in laws on 23-Dec-202.
23-Dec-2021 - Application Submitted
23-Dec-2021 - Biometrics updated from earlier application (Biometric Provided: 28-Jul-2021)

Below is the status from the new portal:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Maninder Bhullar

Apr 20, 2018
I am also in the same situation applied for visitor visa (Visa Office Delhi) on new portal for in laws on 23-Dec-202.
23-Dec-2021 - Application Submitted
23-Dec-2021 - Biometrics updated from earlier application (Biometric Provided: 28-Jul-2021)

Below is the status from the new portal:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Applied 02 Jan,2022
Biometric Updatw Same day last application
Review start 07, 2022

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Still waiting

Kumar35823

Jul 26, 2021
Applied 02 Jan,2022
Biometric Updatw Same day last application
Review start 07, 2022

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Still waiting
Review start jan 7?

Mary333

Jan 10, 2022
Applied March 31, 2022
Eligibility started today (May 10)...how long until I receive a decision? Anyone in the same boat?