+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

raas

Apr 11, 2022
Hi All

Who can use the new visitor visa portal? My friend from India has already applied for it using the old portal in April 2022 using the old portal (GC Key one) and gave biometrics last week. She is visiting her Aunt in Canada (her father's sister). Is she eligible to use the new portal? If yes, then should she file a new application via the new portal and give biometrics again?

Kindly guide me as this is urgent!

Best regards
Hi Even I have used the GCKey Portal and applied for a spouse visa on Feb 1 2022. Worried and not sure if i have to reapply again in new portal... And anyone one can file using the new portal again but i am not sure if it will reset the wait time to Day 1 again

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Hi - Asking for a friend.
Parent's visitor visa got rejected with their first application (bio metrics enrolled)
They get passport submission request for their second time application - while filling the webform for passport submission
"Did you enrol biometrics for this application" - should the answer be YES or NO?

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
Hi friends, I need some input. I got PPR for both my parents in India. We have sent passports for stamping. Yesterday I got an update on my mother's application that it is approved and the passport is dispatched to our India address. However, we haven't seen any update on my father's application. Did anyone else come across similar situation?
can you please post your timelines? I have applied visitor visa for my wife and son. waiting for the final decision(PPR).

Reactions: 2cookies

dobbydeol

Apr 30, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Can I re-apply visitor visa for my parents from the same GC key account?
Earlier it was rejected because they were not able to give their biometrics?

Or shall I create a new gc key account and apply?

raas

Apr 11, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Can I re-apply visitor visa for my parents from the same GC key account?
Earlier it was rejected because they were not able to give their biometrics?

Or shall I create a new gc key account and apply?
I guess applying through the new portal is better..

Reactions: dobbydeol

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi All

Who can use the new visitor visa portal? My friend from India has already applied for it using the old portal in April 2022 using the old portal (GC Key one) and gave biometrics last week. She is visiting her Aunt in Canada (her father's sister). Is she eligible to use the new portal? If yes, then should she file a new application via the new portal and give biometrics again?

Kindly guide me as this is urgent!

Best regards
Hi

Could anyone kindly help with my query above?

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi i applied for my in laws visitor visa last year Feb 2021. They did their biometrics and its been ipdated on their file. But Iam still waiting to hear back from CIC. No news after that. What should i do?

• Wow

Rsrao

Apr 21, 2022
Hi i applied for my in laws visitor visa last year Feb 2021. They did their biometrics and its been ipdated on their file. But Iam still waiting to hear back from CIC. No news after that. What should i do?
You can apply new application

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
HELP PLEASE!

Applied for my in-laws from Pakistan (outside Canada) - me and my wife became the sponsors. (we both are PR)

Applied January 24, 2022
Biometrics done and updated on the portal as at January 28, 2022
Eligibility Started from February 1st week (not sure exactly when)
PPR for mother in law March 10
PPR for father in law - not yet (hoping to get soon as all the documents i applied were combined eg combined bank statements with running balance of CAD25K for 4 months)
Got a request for military record on March 23 and submitted the same day, since march 28 - it is under review with no update? what do i do??
What is this military record and where does one get it?

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Webform?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi all it’s been a day since I got my dads ppr but I didn’t got it for my mom yet can any one tell what should I do ? Anyone in same situation or got a solution? Thx
I’m in but of same situation, but my dad is the primary applicant. He hasn’t received the ppr yet but my mom received it. Is there any update?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Do rejection letters come to the email or via the portal/GCkey?
Via Online one letter will be saying "Communication Letter"
However in registered email you will get an email , saying "There is an update in your account, please check"

Good Luck