+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Applied for my brother vistor through new ircc portal. Application submitted on 21st march
Biometric request 23 march
Biometric done 29 march
PPR 1 April.

Wow, that's was fast. Where you brother lives? Did you apply as his representative or he was the main applicant?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Btw, does anybody know, the number of days shown in the "Check processing times" page, is it the number of business days, not including the weekends?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
does your brother have US visa ? If so this is the trend they give PPR in two days for people with US visa.
Even my parents received Canada visit visa within 3 days of biometrics. They have valid US visa and travel history to US. So that may be the case.
so the crux is if they want to illegally settle, they have a better option and are less risky to canada ;). Thats how Canada visa officers think? :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gsanthar

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
My question is for those who applied for trv for their spouse outside Canada and submitted spouse PR sponsorship application. Did you guys submit Family class outside Canada application? Is it okay to submit trv application after submitting and before getting AOR?

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

My parents applied for visitor visa back in july 21. So far, no updates have been there. I am thinking of reapplying through the new portal and need some help with the application.
Can they mark me as an immediate family member?
The portal lists below definition of an immediate family member:
An immediate family member is defined as a

I am unsure about the dependent part in particular.
Would be grateful if someone can please clarify.

Regards
Hello , hope someone can help me with my query

prish_17

Jan 1, 2017
Yes, you would be an immediate family member. I think there are more options listed that would fit your situation.
Thanks khadeen. The dependent word is little confusing . Other option is extended member which I don’t think would apply

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Thanks khadeen. The dependent word is little confusing . Other option is extended member which I don’t think would apply
On the portal you would select: To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
On the portal you would select: To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
Non-dependent child would be you.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
IRCC Portal was approved.
I applied with the invitation letters. Didn't sponsor my parents, but submitted my financials too.
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea as after how much time after getting PR can we invite our parents ? Do we need to show our income tax returns or just a permanent job enough for the invite ? thanks in advance

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Thanks Khadeen. I understand now .. I was checking section on what docs are needed so, you mean once we go and actually apply more options are going to be there.
Yes that is correct and they will request documents based on how you answer the questions.

Reactions: prish_17

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea as after how much time after getting PR can we invite our parents ? Do we need to show our income tax returns or just a permanent job enough for the invite ? thanks in advance
Are you asking about visit visa or something else? Visit visa doesn't have anything to do with PR. I landed in February 2022 on work permit (PR in process) and applied for my parent's visit visa within next 3 weeks. I used my employment verification letter as I had no payslips till then. Their visa is recently approved. Although they did had US visa/travel history.