+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Kindly please help..what can I choose for self-employed in the work activities? I don't see any option? My father is a farmer.

Teeaaa

Mar 21, 2022
Hello, please I have done biometrics in December through the GC key. Do I need to do a new biometrics on the new IRCc portal

Teeaaa

Mar 21, 2022
Hello, please I have done biometrics in December through the GC key. Do I need to do a new biometrics on the new IRCc portal

Silver101

Oct 14, 2021
No, you do not need a new Biometrics as it is valid for 10 years. Make sure to add your UCI number from previous application and it will automatically update your Biometrics info.

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
I will just update everyone who's on this thread.

Parents' visas will expire on April 17.
I applied for an extension last March 13. As of the moment no response from IRCC.
My future plans is to apply a Supervisa from inside Canada, I know this is not allowed but I've seen successful stories from last year.

If anyone on the same boat, please send me a PM and we can have a group for the same scenario

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
My spouse trv 2nd time app: Nov 26
Rejected today: March 21

Reasons: personal assets and financial status, purpose of visit, home ties

I had submitted multiple documents including multiple properties, assets, bank statements with around 30k, for 1 month stay. Doctors letter for my mother-inlaw and sisterinlaw(she has some medical conditions)
Purpose of visit-flight tickets, hotel reservations.
I had a genuine application. He is a public works contractor and few upcoming projects, submitted the proofs fot those as well.
Didn't even feel like they opened the application.

Please guys can you guide me how can I proceed.
I need genuine suggestions.
What should I do now?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
My spouse trv 2nd time app: Nov 26
Rejected today: March 21

Reasons: personal assets and financial status, purpose of visit, home ties

I had submitted multiple documents including multiple properties, assets, bank statements with around 30k, for 1 month stay. Doctors letter for my mother-inlaw and sisterinlaw(she has some medical conditions)
Purpose of visit-flight tickets, hotel reservations.
I had a genuine application. He is a public works contractor and few upcoming projects, submitted the proofs fot those as well.
Didn't even feel like they opened the application.

Please guys can you guide me how can I proceed.
I need genuine suggestions.
What should I do now?
this is so sad…looks like you resubmitted a stronger application, i think you will have to hire a lawyer/consultant..what is your status here?

Reactions: superMK

adgrys

Star Member
Feb 16, 2022
What is visit visa with dual intent?
It's basically a dual intent which means you want to be a permanent resident(via family class sponsorship), and a visit visa(which is a temporary residence as opposed to PR). Being you a PR, chances are very gloomy if you apply only for visitor visa of spouse. If PR for spouse is applied they will know your intent in long term, as one of the reason for rejection of visit visa is strong ties with Canada coz spouse is a PR. If you apply for spousal sponsorship(family class sponsorship), they will get to know your spouse's long term plan being a PR, and visit visa under dual intent will be apporved. Once the visit visa is approved, it's upto you then if you want to be a PR or not. Chances for visit visa under dual intent are higher if you apply for it after AOR of spousal sponsorship and sponsor's approval(takes around 3-4 months as per current trends), but I have seen cases on this forum where visit visa is approved even before AOR of spousal sponsorship applicaton.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
It's basically a dual intent which means you want to be a permanent resident(via family class sponsorship), and a visit visa(which is a temporary residence as opposed to PR). Being you a PR, chances are very gloomy if you apply only for visitor visa of spouse. If PR for spouse is applied they will know your intent in long term, as one of the reason for rejection of visit visa is strong ties with Canada coz spouse is a PR. If you apply for spousal sponsorship(family class sponsorship), they will get to know your spouse's long term plan being a PR, and visit visa under dual intent will be apporved. Once the visit visa is approved, it's upto you then if you want to be a PR or not. Chances for visit visa under dual intent are higher if you apply for it after AOR of spousal sponsorship and sponsor's approval(takes around 3-4 months as per current trends), but I have seen cases on this forum where visit visa is approved even before AOR of spousal sponsorship applicaton.
I really don't have a long term plan, my application was genuine. He doesn't even have a plan to stay for more than 2 months. Canada sucks