+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Sorry! The question is not related to visa application. My fully vaccinated parents are traveling on super visa along with my 13 year unvaccinated sibling. Does anyone has an idea if they will be permitted to Canada?
There are confusing answers online. If anyone know or experienced, please help.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Kindly please clarify.
I am applying for my Parent's visa and am really confused about who should I choose primary applicant. My mother has a good travel history and has already been to Canada and US and never overstayed on the other hand my dad is financially supporting my mother but has one refusal from Canada. Who should be a suitable Primary applicant? also I am planning to write LOE, Do I have to write it from one person or can address it as "We"?

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Recently got an AOR for the Family Class sponsorship of my wife. Now, I am looking to apply for a visitor visa for my wife (who is being sponsored, i.e. the PA). Can anyone let me know if they have done this? How do you declare "Dual Intent"? And what are the recommended supporting documents?

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hi All,

Applied VV for wife and kids on Feb 17, got Parent Authorisation to Travel ADR on March 2. After this, Got Document Successfully received email from IRCC on March 11.

Any idea by when I can expect a decision . Also is ADR request a positive sign?

Thankyou..

Reactions: Whofears

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hello all,

Parents TRV approved !
Submitted : Feb 16,2022
Biometric Request: Feb 17,2022
Background check: In progress-Feb 17 2022
Biometric Submitted :Feb 22, 2022
Eligibility started: Feb 28, 2022
PPR and BVL : March 10, 2022
Submitted to VFS: March 12, 2022
Received at VFS for stamping : March 14 , 2022
Passport Received: **Awaiting **

A very easy and straightforward portal to apply for TRV. IRCC promise 's a speedy processing if your application is considered REGULAR and they are sticking to timelines.

People complaining about the time IRCC takes time is due to their applications being flagged for second review or pending report from CSIS.
GCMS is the case management application for IRCC and each and every application has case age and tracking mechanisms.
So i request everyone to just pray that your applications are processed without any delay as mentioned above and sit tight ...

Do not panic if you do not have a certain document or which option to choose when applying. Please reach out to me if you have any questions regarding your applications and happy to help!
Good luck to all those who are waiting and wishing you all a speedy reunion with your loved one's !!

Cheers!
Sandy

sharrulatha

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hi all,

I am applying for my father visitor visa. After completing all the questions it asks only two documents to upload. one is Father Passport and other is Proof of funds. Is it correct ?

Purpose of visit: To visit my grandparent who is a canadian citizen and I am PR.

Thanks,
Sharru

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
My mother in law's visitor visa got approved. She already has her passport stamped and returned. But in the portal, the status still says submitted. Also it mentions to check message but there is no message (probably of the permit). Anyone else faced the same situation ?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi all,

I am applying for my father visitor visa. After completing all the questions it asks only two documents to upload. one is Father Passport and other is Proof of funds. Is it correct ?

Purpose of visit: To visit my grandparent who is a canadian citizen and I am PR.

Thanks,
Sharru
try raising this query in march 2022 application thread, site is undergoing continuous changes…i’ve applied in november and there was lot more to upload(new portal itself)

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys quick question, I submitted my parent's application yesterday. Few hours back their UCI were updated but no biometric letter yet. It gets generated within 24 hours right? Thanks

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi guys quick question, I submitted my parent's application yesterday. Few hours back their UCI were updated but no biometric letter yet. It gets generated within 24 hours right? Thanks
it would take 24-48hrs…also have you previously given biometric? are they older than 79yrs? if yes you needn’t give biometric… again considering the fact that yesterday was sunday(holiday) i would be waiting a day more( meanwhile also confirm application numbers are generated)

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
it would take 24-48hrs…also have you previously given biometric? are they older than 79yrs? if yes you needn’t give biometric… again considering the fact that yesterday was sunday(holiday) i would be waiting a day more( meanwhile also confirm application numbers are generated)
Thanks, actually UCI updated few hours back, so I thought maybe both UCI and biometric are generated at same time. I would wait for 1 or 2 days.
My parent's are in early 70s, and never gave Canada biometrics before, so they would have to give biometrics. There was no tab for financial documents, so I added it to additional documents (bank statements and property evaluation).

Also, on side note, how is the Canada visa process like? I recently came to Canada on work permit, but applied for parents visitor visa as anyway there would be delay and would like to bring them here in summer. My parent's have a valid US visa (since they ask in Canada visa application) and 3 trips to US for 4 to 5 weeks. Does this helps in putting strong point as travel history? Thanks

Reactions: canadian321

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks, actually UCI updated few hours back, so I thought maybe both UCI and biometric are generated at same time. I would wait for 1 or 2 days.
My parent's are in early 70s, and never gave Canada biometrics before, so they would have to give biometrics. There was no tab for financial documents, so I added it to additional documents (bank statements and property evaluation).

Also, on side note, how is the Canada visa process like? I recently came to Canada on work permit, but applied for parents visitor visa as anyway there would be delay and would like to bring them here in summer. My parent's have a valid US visa (since they ask in Canada visa application) and 3 trips to US for 4 to 5 weeks. Does this helps in putting strong point as travel history? Thanks
i’m very new here… not sure about what they consider when assessing an application, have read here people having strong ties n good financial getting rejected and someone without any ties or travel history getting approved as well…i’ve applied for my parents in november n still waiting….in short everything looks like pure luck

Reactions: Whofears

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
i’m very new here… not sure about what they consider when assessing an application, have read here people having strong ties n good financial getting rejected and someone without any ties or travel history getting approved as well…i’ve applied for my parents in november n still waiting….in short everything looks like pure luck
Whoa. it's 4 months already then. I thought it was slightly faster with new portal, looks like it all depends. I hope your parents get visa soon.

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
My mother in law's visitor visa got approved. She already has her passport stamped and returned. But in the portal, the status still says submitted. Also it mentions to check message but there is no message (probably of the permit). Anyone else faced the same situation ?
Anyone who has experience with this ?