+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello Everyone.

I couldn't find any relevant thread so posting here. I am Canadian Citizen and applying Visitor Visa for my brother. I applied in 2019 but it was rejected and I am applying now. Last time as agent suggested I did not put his part time Life insurance agent experience since 2012. During Lockdown he had job loss and only income he had was from Insurance commission. This time If I am applying shall I add the Life Insurance agent experience?? Currently he is working in government office on contract basis but has one year gap before to this current Job.
Please advise. Hello @rajkamalmohanram if you have any thoughts please do share. Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone.

I couldn't find any relevant thread so posting here. I am Canadian Citizen and applying Visitor Visa for my brother. I applied in 2019 but it was rejected and I am applying now. Last time as agent suggested I did not put his part time Life insurance agent experience since 2012. During Lockdown he had job loss and only income he had was from Insurance commission. This time If I am applying shall I add the Life Insurance agent experience?? Currently he is working in government office on contract basis but has one year gap before to this current Job.
Please advise. Hello @rajkamalmohanram if you have any thoughts please do share. Thank you!
Adding this experience shouldn't be a problem IMO. Besides, you should truthfully mention all required details they're asking for. So, go ahead and try again. Good luck.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Adding this experience shouldn't be a problem IMO. Besides, you should truthfully mention all required details they're asking for. So, go ahead and try again. Good luck.
Thanks for quick response. to see if I got it right, You suggest if the work experience is different from the last submission for past years (Not current which obviously differ) will not create any issue? Do I write any letter stating before hand or wait if they send any query?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for quick response. to see if I got it right, You suggest if the work experience is different from the last submission for past years (Not current which obviously differ) will not create any issue? Do I write any letter stating before hand or wait if they send any query?
If you see the need for a letter of explanation, then submit it. My point is that, in the end, IRCC should have correct and complete information about your brother and you providing his work history details correctly would make that happen.

I have never done visitor visas so my expertise with that type of visa is limited.

IMO, provide all the details truthfully and if you see any area requires more explaining, then include a letter of explanation.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ryn_20

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Correct, new portal for Visitor Visa.

1st set of applications were entered on 8th Dec and PPR received on 16th Dec.
2nd set of applications were entered on 17th Dec and PPR received on 31st Dec.
Why the application on 17th if there was a PPR on 16th ? Sorry if I am missing something

I thought Portal Applications are paused now and only GC Key files are getting picked

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Are applications for TRV on the New portal yielding any results at all ? I see those applications have been halted for and IRCC has switched over to GC Key. Should applicants who are waiting over 60 days on the portal, re-apply using GC Key? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
If you see the need for a letter of explanation, then submit it. My point is that, in the end, IRCC should have correct and complete information about your brother and you providing his work history details correctly would make that happen.

I have never done visitor visas so my expertise with that type of visa is limited.

IMO, provide all the details truthfully and if you see any area requires more explaining, then include a letter of explanation.

Good luck.
Thank you

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Hello Friends,

All my travel history stamps are on older passport, do I need to upload those as well.

New passport contains no stamp, not used for travel.

Thanks

A13HI

Jan 3, 2022
Why the application on 17th if there was a PPR on 16th ? Sorry if I am missing something

I thought Portal Applications are paused now and only GC Key files are getting picked
1st set was for in-laws in India
2nd set was for parents in Australia

sorry if this was confusing...

my GCKey application wasn't moving, hence I entered in portal, and got the visas.... I am not aware if anything has changed since...

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
1st set was for in-laws in India
2nd set was for parents in Australia

sorry if this was confusing...

my GCKey application wasn't moving, hence I entered in portal, and got the visas.... I am not aware if anything has changed since...
thank you for sharing the update. It is strange how some applications alone are stuck now since both GC Key and IRCC Portal seem to be moving at a good pace from what I see

robinwatts19

Oct 11, 2019
My mom's visitor visa is pending since Oct 2021. I applied on CIC.
Do I need to submit again on CIC?

App submission : Oct 11 2021
Bio done : Oct 22nd 2021
App status : Submitted , background check in progress.
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?
Hi.. I did the same thing.. What's gonna happen now ?

robinwatts19

Oct 11, 2019
Hi.. I submitted visitor visa application for my parents using GC key on 26th Dec 2021 (stupid of me - didn't know about the new portal). Now we have the BIL and appointment is on 12th Jan 2022. So what should we do in that case ? Go for biometrics and keep the application in the old portal or should I withdraw that application and apply on new portal ?

Thanks

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi.. I submitted visitor visa application for my parents using GC key on 26th Dec 2021 (stupid of me - didn't know about the new portal). Now we have the BIL and appointment is on 12th Jan 2022. So what should we do in that case ? Go for biometrics and keep the application in the old portal or should I withdraw that application and apply on new portal ?

Thanks
Even if you apply through new portal after appointment, you don't need to do biometrics again. It is valid for 10 years. Go for the appointment

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Thanks
Complete the biometrics and mostly parents are getting visa in a week on the new portal once the application is complete.