+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

AghA13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
My application still has not opened after almost 70 days . Do you know if webform can really help ?
I don’t think. I’m also from Iran and I applied for a visitor visa from Paris on 11 of January 2023. There is no news from them. I have sent several web form but no response.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
I don’t think. I’m also from Iran and I applied for a visitor visa from Paris on 11 of January 2023. There is no news from them. I have sent several web form but no response.
what is your complete timeline. I applied from germany. applied on april 25 2023 , eligiblity completed on may 24, since may 25 application has been in background verification.

no eligiblity started?

AghA13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
what is your complete timeline. I applied from germany. applied on april 25 2023 , eligiblity completed on may 24, since may 25 application has been in background verification.

no eligiblity started?
application submitted 11 January
biometrics completed 12 January
eligibility completed 26 April
background checks started 20 May
and then there is no news so far

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
can someone let know - if we have a Canada Tourist visa in old passport and its lets say expiring on a future date ( lets say 2024 Dec, but the passport has already been expired). So after getting new passport, should we process it again to get the visa stamped on the new passport as well?

I know now a days Canada gov. provide the visa for the passport end date but this is for old times when they gave the visa for a particular number of years irrespective of passport expiry date.

If anyone has any idea please share.

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone let know - if we have a Canada Tourist visa in old passport and its lets say expiring on a future date ( lets say 2024 Dec, but the passport has already been expired). So after getting new passport, should we process it again to get the visa stamped on the new passport as well?

I know now a days Canada gov. provide the visa for the passport end date but this is for old times when they gave the visa for a particular number of years irrespective of passport expiry date.

If anyone has any idea please share.
You can still use your visit visa on your old passport up to its validity date. Make sure that you bring your old and new passport together when you travel to Canada.

Reactions: Zay11

zarashah

Sep 16, 2023
Hello everyone, does the IRCC portal show eligibility in progress or any status changes or directly you get final decision? Also does the tracker also track visit visa application? How correct is the tracker? Application shows submitted, applied from COR with 15 day processing time and 15 days will be today

Travelstamps

Jun 24, 2022
I have a major question

Are invitation letters are required in the NEW portal??? I have no clue what documents to even start to prepare . I know letter of invitation was required for GC key but how about new portal?

RA786

Jan 15, 2024
hi, the same thing happened with my parents. Could you please update me on what happened next? As my mother didnt receive application summary and biometrics collection letter.

vikita

Aug 31, 2018
I applied for my parents visitor visa(group application) paid the fees for 2 biometric and 2 visa fees. However received biometric for father only. saw a bug with the group application where 2nd applicant's biometric request is delayed(atleast till april-jun 2023) is it still the case? anyone faced this issue, if yes, when did you receive the biometric letter for 2nd applicant? Do I proactively submit webform?

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Please help on parent's visitor visa:
My parent’s canada visitor visa is getting expired in Nov 2024 ( as the old passport has expiry date for this month). Now they have got the new passport; so How long before current visitor visa expiry, they can re-apply(re-new) the visa again ? Can they apply now i.e prior to 9ish month expiry ? Please let me know. Thank you in advance!

PaJo18

Nov 5, 2020
I applied for my parents visitor visa(group application) paid the fees for 2 biometric and 2 visa fees. However received biometric for father only. saw a bug with the group application where 2nd applicant's biometric request is delayed(atleast till april-jun 2023) is it still the case? anyone faced this issue, if yes, when did you receive the biometric letter for 2nd applicant? Do I proactively submit webform?
The same has happened with me. Any update on your application?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Please help on parent's visitor visa:
My parent’s canada visitor visa is getting expired in Nov 2024 ( as the old passport has expiry date for this month). Now they have got the new passport; so How long before current visitor visa expiry, they can re-apply(re-new) the visa again ? Can they apply now i.e prior to 9ish month expiry ? Please let me know. Thank you in advance!
I think they should be able to apply now if they have plans to visit

Javaid77

Aug 9, 2019
They can apply .