+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello, I reapplied on the new portal for my parents visitor visa but still no response. I see many people got their applications processed within 14 working days. Is someone in the same boat ?
Initial application: Sep 2 2021
Biometrics done: Sep 15 2021
Reapplied: Oct 9 2021
Biometrics added: Oct 12 2021
No response since then.
We are in the same boat. I also applied on 09 Oct no response. Even review hasn't started

Reactions: Abhisun15

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
Any update with the visa? my boyfriend applied for tourist visa on june 14, and informed CIC that he is covid exempted & he has attached his vaccination card with his visa application & also he has uploaded his vaccination with web form , do we need to submit new visa application in the new portal?
Hi, Did your boyfriend manage to get visa under new portal? If yes can you share what proof did he show? I would appreciate if you can share your opinion, my fiance is planning to apply for visitor visa but now sure if it could be approved.
Thanks

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Hello, I reapplied on the new portal for my parents visitor visa but still no response. I see many people got their applications processed within 14 working days. Is someone in the same boat ?
Initial application: Sep 2 2021
Biometrics done: Sep 15 2021
Reapplied: Oct 9 2021
Biometrics added: Oct 12 2021
No response since then.
We applied on oct 4 biometric done on oct 12. No updates since. App status eligiblity under review.

Reactions: Abhisun15

Vikaskhatri786

Jul 10, 2019
hello everyone
Question- My girl friend has already applied for express entry but we are still waiting for COPR.
I am Canadian PR, Can I send her invitation to apply for visitor visa through new portal.
1) Can she use her same login what she already has or should she create a new login?
2) what is the invite code or can someone share his/ her invitation letter on my email address if possible? Khatrivicky786@gmail.com
Thanks folks, we all get good news soon.

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hi Everyone , I got my PPR request yesterday. Just want to share my timeline. Submitted my application through GCkey

Submitted Application : 9th September 2021
Biometrics payment request : 23rd September 2021
Biometrics request letter : 1st October 2021
BioMetrics Date: 4th October 2021
PPR request 15th October

I applied from costa rica , I forgot to submit any optional documents (Invitation letter, bank statement ,salary slip etc).

Note : I already have expired work permit from Canada and purpose my current application is visiting my friend
Hi do you have an update now, did you get back your passport with VISA?

femirabel

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Congrats!
I guess it would probably be until the expiry of her passport
Congratulations.
Just asking did you apply via IRCC portal and what documents dis you upload to support your application.
Hope you can share your thoughts .
Thankyou,