+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hello, I got visitor visa refusal for my mother in India, reason being the following:

I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.

Applied on her behalf as a representative on Oct 15th, got refusal today. Mentioned visit plan for 21 days in feb 2023 with reason being family visit, with NOC and leave letter from her govt job mentioning the same dates, showed her funds in savings a/c 25k CAD, 6 months bank statements, 6 month salary slips, pf statement, tax forms for last 2 years, CA certificate, property papers to show ties to home country, and also attached my own NOA 2 years, salary slips 6 months, bank statements from here in Canada. mentioned in invite letter that I undertake responsibility to send her back at the end of her stay.

I am pr in canada, unmarried. My mother does not have travel history for US or canada. My sister works in the US on work visa. She has a Canadian visitor visa. My father expired earlier this year in India

Can anybody please advise what I was missing here and advise about the next application? What counts as significant family ties and what can I do to prove this? Also thinking about super visa, but the thing is my mother still has another 2-3 years before her retirement so how can the length of stay for 6+ months be worked out for the application ?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you apply regular Visit Visa or Super Visa ? I think they want parents/grandparents to now apply only in Super Visa category - visa fee + insurance fee + medical tests fees

Try reapplying in this category.

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
For passport submission in India, is the two way courier option available or just have to submit the passport at VFS?

kspcuba

Oct 28, 2022
Hello Group! Did anyone at this group applied with Gkey on the last 5months of 2022 and got visa approval? If yes how long did it take from when you applied? Thank you

Reactions: Kornet

reds987

Dec 22, 2016
Did you apply regular Visit Visa or Super Visa ? I think they want parents/grandparents to now apply only in Super Visa category - visa fee + insurance fee + medical tests fees

Try reapplying in this category.
Yes will be looking to do that now. unsure if I should wait or look to apply asap given the refusal. also, super visa is for 6 months minimum length of stay, any suggestions how to show that in the application given that my mother is still employed?

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hello guys

How much money is required as Proof of Fund to apply for a TRV?

Example... lets say for six months which is the maximum I guess?

Any idea?

Thanks

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Yes will be looking to do that now. unsure if I should wait or look to apply asap given the refusal. also, super visa is for 6 months minimum length of stay, any suggestions how to show that in the application given that my mother is still employed?
There is no complusion that one has to stay the entire validity given at the time of entry. You can leave Canada in 24 hours even though you got 6 months stay stamped on entry. Also super visa allows 5 years stay btw.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
That is not relevant at all. IRCC is not concerned on how you arrive in Canada. You can come via air, road or sea as per your convenience and what you can afford.
So the question on the form " how much funds for your stay in Canada?" is only for funds to be spent while in Canada? Cuz I provided my mom with a Bank draft under her name for 4500$ for 13 days visit. Is that enough?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
How much is the airfare according to IRCC officers?
IRCC thinks no one can afford to come to Canada. If you have a lot of money, They want to come to Canada and stay here LOL. If you have just enough for your trip and have family Taking care of your stay at home, food, and tourism and taking you around, then you don’t have enough funds to come to Canada.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
So the question on the form " how much funds for your stay in Canada?" is only for funds to be spent while in Canada? Cuz I provided my mom with a Bank draft under her name for 4500$ for 13 days visit. Is that enough?
Its all upto IRCC & how they review it.

reds987

Dec 22, 2016
There is no complusion that one has to stay the entire validity given at the time of entry. You can leave Canada in 24 hours even though you got 6 months stay stamped on entry. Also super visa allows 5 years stay btw.
But what about in the application itself? When they ask how long you want to stay in canada and also mention dates..?

because we will need to attach a leave letter from the employer for the same duration right? Or are the travel dates not as important and we can put one month and still apply for super visa?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
But what about in the application itself? When they ask how long you want to stay in canada and also mention dates..?

because we will need to attach a leave letter from the employer for the same duration right? Or are the travel dates not as important and we can put one month and still apply for super visa?
Those details were relevant and made sense when visitor visa was processed within max 30-40 days or earlier. With processing times more than 140+ days or more it is difficult to plan the precise date of travel and stay in Canada, it will be indicative. IRCC themselves advise not to book tickets/hotel.

kspcuba

Oct 28, 2022
Hellooo A friend needs help!!!! My friend applied through new portal for visitor visa for her mom. She sent the app without photo and letter of invitation. What can she do? The Application needs that!!! Help !