+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
hey everyone,

i am applying for supervisa using the new ircc portal but i do not see any section to upload any picture of the applicant. does the new portal not require the applicant's photo to be uploaded as part of the application?

Sam11111

Feb 7, 2022
applied on Oct. 23, for Father (I am PR)
BIL on Oct. 24
Biometric submitted on. Dec. 2
BVL and PPR on Feb. 01.
Country of Residence is India.
I am PR too.
Application date : 23rd October
Biometrics: July 30th
Old Application date : June 24th
Re applied again on new portal on October 23rd.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Yes nov/dec/Jan applications are getting approved fast. So frustrating.
Hello Sam, Members,

There seems to be no logic/queue system for this process. I too applied for my in-laws in end -Dec. Bio-Metrics completed 1st week of Jan. When I applied the Estimated timeline on the website was 45 days, now it is 63 days. So not sure what is the real timeline here. Just some people are getting lucky, akin to playing the lottery.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello Sam, Members,

There seems to be no logic/queue system for this process. I too applied for my in-laws in end -Dec. Bio-Metrics completed 1st week of Jan. When I applied the Estimated timeline on the website was 45 days, now it is 63 days. So not sure what is the real timeline here. Just some people are getting lucky, akin to playing the lottery.
Luck is all one needs right now

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Will emailing the consulate in the country (the applicants are in) help in any way? Has anywone tried this? As you stated there is no response to calls or the webforms.
Calls/Emails/Webforms - All get ignored. Some people get the automated response but absolutely no impact on the application status

Some people said they sent an emotional webform and their file got approved the next day or so but I just find that to be a coincidence

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hello everyone, Here is my timeline. I applied for my In-Laws (as a representative).

Submitted: AOR - Dec 27 via the new IRCC portal
Biometrics : Jan 07, 2022 in Pune - India VFS location

Here is the interesting part - A lady at VFS told them, that she can see (on the computer/system) they are approved for a 10 year visa. However no update from IRCC so far. Did anyone have a similar experience? I dont know if VFS staff can have access to this kind of detail.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hello everyone, i applied for my in laws for the second time in October 2021 (first time in feb 2021 ).
Biometric already done and updated on 1st nov 2021. Till now no update. Even eligibility review dint start.

Also i applied for my mother on 14th dec 2021 through IRCC portal . Her biometric were done on 31st dec 2021. Few days back it was showing that “we need your fingerprints…..” however recently it got changed to “we haven’t received your fingerprints..”. Biometric already enrolled in the applicant information section. Donot know what to do. Kindly help.
@Nitin-p did you recive a ressolution via the webform. I am facing the exact same issue. Raised a webform, now the wait begins.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Guys, I’m a bit confused. When does one get the BVL? My parents gave their biometrics in august 2021 but we have not received any BVL. In the old application, i can see their biometrics updated though. For reference here is the timeline:

first application - November 2020 (yes!!)
Biometrics - August 2021
2nd application on new portal - oct 31, 2021.

no updates whatsoever.
Any updates ? I sent you a msg

ocimsg

Aug 3, 2021
Urgent Need!!

Hi, I'm in a tricky situation.

I applied for Canada visit visa on Jan 12th, 2022 and due to some personal emergency I had to travel to USA.
I received my PPR on February 6th 2022. I need to submit the passport with in 30 days .

Is it possible to submit my Passport in any USA VAC ?

Reactions: Aneep Kumar