+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa application for parents post landing

Aug 20, 2016
Dear Experts,
Me and my wife are planning to land in Toronto by October. We are expecting a baby soon and hence wants to bring our parents from India on visit visa.
Kindly advise if the visit visa application for my parents can be lodged from Canada soon after we land and how long will it take to process it.

Thank you in advance

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Sounds like a regular travel visa. They can apply for that anytime, unless you are looking for something special.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your parents can apply for a visit visa at any time but be aware based on other posts on this forum some applications have been rejected when asking for a stay of more than 2-3 weeks. Does not mean that someone might not get upto 6 months when they arrive but not necessarily always a good idea to ask for months up front,

Of course everybodys circumstances are different so whatever someone feels comfortable with in the application that may work for them, no way to predict an outcome. Average processing times can be found on the CIC website based on where the application is lodged.

The alternative would be a super visa but as you are only landing in October you would not have become established enough to apply for that for the to be grandparents.