+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa appl d via old portal May 2022

SanVisa

Mar 31, 2017
Can someone please help me here.
Due to an emergency I had to travel to india in March 2021 when I was 7 months pregnant. Due to Covid flight ban I couldn’t travel back and had to deliver my baby in india. Me and my husband are both PR and we have house and business in Canada. Due to some in-laws issue I was not able to apply for visa for my daughter immediately. I applied for visit visa in May 2022 since it will be faster than PR sponsor. I applied via old portal (gc key) since I didn’t know about the new portal. No updates since then. I’m desperate to travel back since my husband is struggling with the business and I have zero support here. Processing time shows 160 days.
What do you guys suggest? Apply new application via new portal or wait ?
contacted local MP in Canada to expedite but not sure how much that will be considered by IRCC. Kindly let me know your suggestions

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
Can someone please help me here.
Due to an emergency I had to travel to india in March 2021 when I was 7 months pregnant. Due to Covid flight ban I couldn’t travel back and had to deliver my baby in india. Me and my husband are both PR and we have house and business in Canada. Due to some in-laws issue I was not able to apply for visa for my daughter immediately. I applied for visit visa in May 2022 since it will be faster than PR sponsor. I applied via old portal (gc key) since I didn’t know about the new portal. No updates since then. I’m desperate to travel back since my husband is struggling with the business and I have zero support here. Processing time shows 160 days.
What do you guys suggest? Apply new application via new portal or wait ?
contacted local MP in Canada to expedite but not sure how much that will be considered by IRCC. Kindly let me know your suggestions
In my humble opinion, it is better to wait because results are coming for April/May applications now a days. Moreover, 02 of my colleagues with the timeline of April & 5th May got the results recently. Finally, decision is yours. Regards

SanVisa

Mar 31, 2017
In my humble opinion, it is better to wait because results are coming for April/May applications now a days. Moreover, 02 of my colleagues with the timeline of April & 5th May got the results recently. Finally, decision is yours. Regards
Thank you for your response. How did they apply? Using gc key?