+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa 3-4 weeks , Financials , Income tax return

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,

My wife is planning to apply for tourist visa to Canada for 3 weeks duration. What should be amount of money in her account ?
She is housewife but is having around 6000 CAD in her 2 bank accounts from last 6 months .
Also she has around 20,000 CAD in fixed deposit, Two Life Insurance Policies

Query :
1) She is house wife but I have regularly deposited money in her account and shes used to work 8 years back
but her last 2 year income tax shows income around 1500CAD only which is interest on her FD's and tax filed is Nill as she comes under tax emption

While going through forum I wanted to get understanding of what should be ideal amount we should declare in FD ,as she is not working and there should not be rejection on basis of questioning of source of funds in her account / Fixed Deposit .
Her statement for 6 months shows amount is consistent in her account except around 2000 CAD deposited in month of Jan

2) should I present income tax return of her for last 2 years as one of the document or should simply do not submit any income tax document

3) I will be writing sponsorship letter for her and I have good job and has 12000 CAD in my saving account from last 6 months. I will be travelling on business visa and is expected to get my visa by this Friday

Thanks
Milind

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Milind31 said:
1) She is house wife but I have regularly deposited money in her account and shes used to work 8 years back
but her last 2 year income tax shows income around 1500CAD only which is interest on her FD's and tax filed is Nill as she comes under tax emption

While going through forum I wanted to get understanding of what should be ideal amount we should declare in FD ,as she is not working and there should not be rejection on basis of questioning of source of funds in her account / Fixed Deposit .
Her statement for 6 months shows amount is consistent in her account except around 2000 CAD deposited in month of Jan
If it is more than 6 months then that is enough. Fixed deposits will be explained by her in the explanation letter and by you in your invitation letter.

Milind31 said:
2) should I present income tax return of her for last 2 years as one of the document or should simply do not submit any income tax document
Tax returns are irrelevant.

Milind31 said:
3) I will be writing sponsorship letter for her and I have good job and has 12000 CAD in my saving account from last 6 months. I will be travelling on business visa and is expected to get my visa by this Friday
There is no such thing as "business visa", what's the nature of your TRV?

Are you in Canada? If so what is your status?
If not, then why didn't you apply together?
Why don't you have joint accounts?

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Jalex23 said:
If it is more than 6 months then that is enough. Fixed deposits will be explained by her in the explanation letter and by you in your invitation letter.
Milind : Should we show only 6 months statement or 12 months statement (Both are having 3000+ CAD in account]

Tax returns are irrelevant.

There is no such thing as "business visa", what's the nature of your TRV?
Milind- Mine is Visitor visa for Business filed by my company . My company wont sponsor for my wife but I plan to

Are you in Canada? If so what is your status? : I am in India
If not, then why didn't you apply together? : I initially planned to apply for both but it was challenging that she will get visa before I travel
Now my travel plans are getting delayed by 3-4 weeks so I am thinking of applying for her

Is it absolutely required to apply at same time only ? Someone recommended that get your visa first and attach your copy of visa to her application

Why don't you have joint accounts? :
Milind - I don have joint account where she holds more than 3000CAD , but then I can get my name added if that will help and will take new statement
Not sure but this is bit tricky - having joint accounts shows the money is for her as well as for mine so shows its not entirely hers .
while other hand it will prove we have strong ties . Sometimes gets really tricky to present even if cases are very genuine

I have joint share account with her which I can show

Thanks,
Milind

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Milind31 said:
Mine is Visitor visa for Business filed by my company . My company wont sponsor for my wife but I plan to
TRV category B-1.

Milind31 said:
I am in India
Bryanna handles Indian cases. Please ask her.

SPSSODHI

Apr 7, 2016
DOES BRYANNA LIVE IN INDIA? IF SO CAN I PREPARE MY TRV THRU HER. I DUN MIND PAYING HER FEES FOR THAT....