+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit US by Car

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Hi
I got citizenship certificate today. Just wondering to know whether I can go by CAR with citizenship certificate to visit my friends in USA or I need to wait for passport.

Thanks

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I looked into this. If you're planning to enter the US as a Canadian citizen, you need a passport, enhanced driver's license, Nexus card etc. Only children can use their citizenship or birth certificate. If you have a passport of a visa-free country, use that instead.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I looked into this. If you're planning to enter the US as a Canadian citizen, you need a passport, enhanced driver's license, Nexus card etc. Only children can use their citizenship or birth certificate. If you have a passport of a visa-free country, use that instead.
Nexus? I don’t think you need a nexus.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
EDL in ON is no longer offered as of June,2019. Can we travel by Car on normal one or need some other type?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
EDL in ON is no longer offered as of June,2019. Can we travel by Car on normal one or need some other type?
normal won't work. BC still offers EDL I believe. It's a scam. Used to be able to travel freely without special ID. They changed that in 2009.

Reactions: jojee2k6