+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit to USA after COPR/PPR

shrinivaskk

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Scenario -
My wife and I have Indian Passport and valid USA Visa.
My daughter has Malaysian passport, but no US Visa.
We will be visiting Canada upon our COPR for 2-3 weeks only. During that trip, I want to visit my brother who is in NYC.

Hence, I have 3 questions -

1. After getting PPR/COPR, Do I need a valid USA visa to enter US from Canada?
2. When I land into Canada, I want to travel to NYC for 2-3 days and return to Canada. But I heard that PR card takes around 3 months time to receive. So Is it that I can't enter Canada unless I have a PR card?
3. Is there a waiver program for PR holders to get USA visit visa ? or Should I proceed with normal process to get the US Visit Visa for my 13 month daughter.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Scenario -
My wife and I have Indian Passport and valid USA Visa.
My daughter has Malaysian passport, but no US Visa.
We will be visiting Canada upon our COPR for 2-3 weeks only. During that trip, I want to visit my brother who is in NYC.

Hence, I have 3 questions -

1. After getting PPR/COPR, Do I need a valid USA visa to enter US from Canada?
2. When I land into Canada, I want to travel to NYC for 2-3 days and return to Canada. But I heard that PR card takes around 3 months time to receive. So Is it that I can't enter Canada unless I have a PR card?
3. Is there a waiver program for PR holders to get USA visit visa ? or Should I proceed with normal process to get the US Visit Visa for my 13 month daughter.
1. Yes
2. You can use your CoPR if you drive across the border. You cannot board a flight without a valid visa or travel document (PR card).
3. No, there is no waiver program.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
1. Yes
2. You can use your CoPR if you drive across the border. You cannot board a flight without a valid visa or travel document (PR card).
3. No, there is no waiver program.
Still ok to use copr after a 1 week stay in the us as long as we're driving across the border, correct?