+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit to the country which I asked protection from - visiting a dying person

mariusallen

Nov 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

I was wondering under which condition a refugee person can go for a short term trip to the country of which he asked protection from in order to visit a dying family member? Did that ever happen in the past? Is it possible? who can advise or assist with this matter?

Thanks a lot to whoever can assist with this matter.

Stay safe and enjoy the week.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This can cause challenges for refugees as it appears that your objection and/or risk to your safety no longer exists. People do face challenges over this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I was wondering under which condition a refugee person can go for a short term trip to the country of which he asked protection from in order to visit a dying family member? Did that ever happen in the past? Is it possible? who can advise or assist with this matter?

Thanks a lot to whoever can assist with this matter.

Stay safe and enjoy the week.
Any chance you now have Canadian citizenship? If so, no issues traveling to your home country. You can go ahead.

If you are not yet a citizen, then it's risky to return to your home country and this could potentially result in a revokation of your PR status once you apply for citizenship.

Also, I have made the assumption that you were the primary applicant in the refugee application. If you were a dependent then let us know since this will change things.

Sorry for your situation and good luck deciding what to do.