+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit to Canada

Salmantrsa

Jul 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am Salman from India. My wife she has admission she paid 1 year fees + GIC. Once her visa is approved can me and my kids who have visit visa to Canada accompany her to drop her and stay for 15-20 days so that she gets used to new country. Just to get her proper accommodation and probable a car to drive around.
Problem is COVID situation currently going on because of which VFS is closed & my visa expiry in June 21. Here are few question from me which some guru's could answer me correctly and practical way.

1- When would VFS open for Canada in Southern India.
2- What are chances of me accompanying her to Canada specially when my visa is getting expired in June 21 if this covid still running.
3- Will Canada open borders for visitor visa.
4-What about current situation of work permit or dependent visa with wife. ( Specially in or after COVID situation)
5-WHen international flights are going to resume.
6- How much would it cost for Qurantine in Canada for 14 days, will it be some hotel around airport / could it be out appratment as well.

Thanks & Regards,
SALMAN

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
I am Salman from India. My wife she has admission she paid 1 year fees + GIC. Once her visa is approved can me and my kids who have visit visa to Canada accompany her to drop her and stay for 15-20 days so that she gets used to new country. Just to get her proper accommodation and probable a car to drive around.
Problem is COVID situation currently going on because of which VFS is closed & my visa expiry in June 21. Here are few question from me which some guru's could answer me correctly and practical way.

1- When would VFS open for Canada in Southern India.
2- What are chances of me accompanying her to Canada specially when my visa is getting expired in June 21 if this covid still running.
3- Will Canada open borders for visitor visa.
4-What about current situation of work permit or dependent visa with wife. ( Specially in or after COVID situation)
5-WHen international flights are going to resume.
6- How much would it cost for Qurantine in Canada for 14 days, will it be some hotel around airport / could it be out appratment as well.

Thanks & Regards,
SALMAN
1. We don't know.
2. Very very low. Your travel will be classified as non essential and you most likely won't be allowed to board the plane.
3. We don't know.
4. You can certainly apply for an OWP based on her study permit. Right now the processing times for OWPs seem to be very long (i.e. many months). Also, with the current travel restrictions, OWP holders are often only being allowed to travel to Canada if they have already secured a job here.
5. We don't know.
6. I would recommend that you look up accommodations on airbnb to see approximately prices and/or look up hotel costs. They will vary depending on which city you are flying to and what size of accommodation you want.

Reactions: Salmantrsa

Salmantrsa

Jul 7, 2020
1. We don't know.
2. Very very low. Your travel will be classified as non essential and you most likely won't be allowed to board the plane.
3. We don't know.
4. You can certainly apply for an OWP based on her study permit. Right now the processing times for OWPs seem to be very long (i.e. many months). Also, with the current travel restrictions, OWP holders are often only being allowed to travel to Canada if they have already secured a job here.
5. We don't know.
6. I would recommend that you look up accommodations on airbnb to see approximately prices and/or look up hotel costs. They will vary depending on which city you are flying to and what size of accommodation you want.
thanks u scylla. U are life saver.