+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit or super visa for parents of canadian citizen with disability

njab

Jul 14, 2018
Hi,
My daughter is 19 years old and a returning Canadian citizen, she came back to Canada in 2022, however she is on ODSP due to disability.

i am not Canadian need visa to meet my daughter. Can anyone guide me if there is any option of super visa to apply for parent, while person is on ODSP due to unavoidable reasons and disability?

How can i visit my daughter, specially when she is not well and needs my support.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
My daughter is 19 years old and a returning Canadian citizen, she came back to Canada in 2022, however she is on ODSP due to disability.

i am not Canadian need visa to meet my daughter. Can anyone guide me if there is any option of super visa to apply for parent, while person is on ODSP due to unavoidable reasons and disability?

How can i visit my daughter, specially when she is not well and needs my support.
To get a supervisa, she needs to show LICO for past three years for the number of people in her family. That is the rule so you are not eligible. Apply for a visitor visa showing that you can fund your own visit, ties to home country, travel history etc.

Just read past posts. Did you have a failed refugee application? This means she will need to get an ARC approved in order to be allowed to return to Canada and she will also need to get a TRV approved.

Last edited:

njab

Jul 14, 2018
To get a supervisa, she needs to show LICO for past three years for the number of people in her family. That is the rule so you are not eligible. Apply for a visitor visa showing that you can fund your own visit, ties to home country, travel history etc.

Just read past posts. Did you have a failed refugee application? This means she will need to get an ARC approved in order to be allowed to return to Canada and she will also need to get a TRV approved.
Hi. U r right abt the previous post but when I checked CIC website it doesn't ask me to apply for arc as we voluntarily departed or own with in given 3 months time. Plz guide me if I can apply for visit visa while I am in US for a family visit ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. U r right abt the previous post but when I checked CIC website it doesn't ask me to apply for arc as we voluntarily departed or own with in given 3 months time. Plz guide me if I can apply for visit visa while I am in US for a family visit ?
So you didn’t receive a Deportation Order or Certificate of Departure? May not matter if you left voluntarily.

If you don’t need an ARC then you can apply. Your chances are low because you have a Canadian daughter in Canada, claimed refugee status and were ordered to leave Canada. Also more scrutinized because you are not applying from your home country/don’t have status in US so can’t show ties/reason to return. It may take many months to process.

Reactions: njab

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Super visa is not an option. For the super visa to be an option, your daughter would need to be working and making enough income to meet the low income cut off.

Regular TRV (visitor visa) is the only option.

njab

Jul 14, 2018
So you didn’t receive a Deportation Order or Certificate of Departure? May not matter if you left voluntarily.

If you don’t need an ARC then you can apply. Your chances are low because you have a Canadian daughter in Canada, claimed refugee status and were ordered to leave Canada. Also more scrutinized because you are not applying from your home country/don’t have status in US so can’t show ties/reason to return. It may take many months to process.
Thanks. I have departure certificate with me which is signed by CBS officer. I applied twice from my country for tourist visa but now I have 2 daughters there And my husband and eldest daughter in home town. I am visiting US to meet my extended family and really wish if I can just go and see my daughters .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. I have departure certificate with me which is signed by CBS officer. I applied twice from my country for tourist visa but now I have 2 daughters there And my husband and eldest daughter in home town. I am visiting US to meet my extended family and really wish if I can just go and see my daughters .
So you can apply for TRV but as stated above your chances are not great. All you can do is apply and need to be upfront about departure certificate and past refusals. If you applied for TRV then you need to address reasons for refusal too. Your daughters can come visit you if Canadian citizens.

Reactions: njab