Visit My Country

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Hi I m protected person and just got my Pr last summer. I should get the citizenship in 2 years. Can I go to my country to visit after I get my citizenship !!!? Or I m not eligible till. I do reconciliation with my family !!?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I m protected person and just got my Pr last summer. I should get the citizenship in 2 years. Can I go to my country to visit after I get my citizenship !!!? Or I m not eligible till. I do reconciliation with my family !!?
Yes, you can go after citizenship. Do not go before citizenship.

Reactions: Naturgrl

kimkemy

Mar 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Refugees
Thank you for your reply. And after citizenship do I have to inform here that I m going to visit my country!!? Or I don’t have to do that!!?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You must have a Canadian passport to travel so more than just approved citizenship. Would warn you that you may get a lot of pushback about why you were able to return to your home country as soon as you received citizenship when returning. Although legal it doesn’t look great.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
You must have a Canadian passport to travel so more than just approved citizenship. Would warn you that you may get a lot of pushback about why you were able to return to your home country as soon as you received citizenship when returning. Although legal it doesn’t look great.
so you mean even after getting citizenship it is not easy to visit your home country legally? it can revoke it?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
No. It was unnecessary comment from poster. What doesnt look good and its Legal?
exactly that's why I was wondering lol if it is like that so why do they even return a passport they should address you to de-announce your previous nationality lol

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so you mean even after getting citizenship it is not easy to visit your home country legally? it can revoke it?
It is legal but you may experience some comments when it comes to your ability to return to your home country now that you have Canadian citizenship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is legal but you may experience some comments when it comes to your ability to return to your home country now that you have Canadian citizenship.
These comments are irrelevant to a person's actual status in Canada. Perfectly legal and allowable to return to the home country after citizenship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. It was unnecessary comment from poster. What doesnt look good and its Legal?
People should be aware that many will question their ability to be able to safely return to their home country right after receiving citizenship. They should be aware that it is legal but be prepared that they can encounter pushback or potential questioning about how they are suddenly able to return home after getting citizenship. Many may be taken aback that border agents or the population in general may question their ability to return home after claiming they feared for their safety and that’s why they were granted asylum. It is best to remain calm and just state that it is your legal right to return home.

Reactions: Sphinx13

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
These comments are irrelevant to a person's actual status in Canada. Perfectly legal and allowable to return to the home country after citizenship.
Never said it was illegal. It is good to know that you may experience pushback and be prepared mentally that you may face a negative reaction by some border agents snd in the population in general. Would probably not talk openly about returning to your home country after receiving citizenship as a protected person unless your are amongst friends unless you don’t mind dealing with potentially receiving a negative reaction.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No one said it wasn’t legal or not allowed , correct me if I’m wrong , so please don’t add that to fuel the fire . It’s the OPTICS of suddenly wanting to return to said country that one was in such DIRE , DESPERATE straights they claimed asylum aka refuge in Canada . That’s the point . That a person uprooted their lives , fled a country , then suddenly everything is sunshine & roses because they got that blue Canadian passport. It’s as if there past suddenly & miraculously disappeared. It’s a Christmas miracle.
Then said individuals are clamouring at the first chance to return to the country they “ fled” from . Clamouring, in some cases demanding to get their home passport back . The same passport that represents the SAME country that persecuted them enough they decided to flee from.
Most people don’t have an inkling what a passport represents . That you’re asking for that countries protection when traveling.
Hate to burst your proverbial immigration bubble this holiday season, not all asylum claims approved are legitimate. Some , hold onto your pearls , work the system .Some people fabricate their stories . People would have to be extremely naive to believe they don’t .
Not everyone gets a gold ⭐

Last edited: