+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit & Immigrate to Quebec/Montreal at the same time!

Sami Haseeba

Jun 9, 2018
Hi guys, I want to know if anyone can help in my situation.

I am married and I live in the middle east. My wife got an acceptance from McGill University for post graduate studies and she will apply for study visa to Montreal, Quebec.
I would like to accompany her, and as I understood that I can apply for a visit visa and our application together (Study Visa & Visit Visa) will be considered and processed as one package.

As far as visit visa to Canada is considered, I truly would like to immigrate to Canada where my wife's university is, and I want to know the following:

1) Can I renew my visit visa in Quebec as long as my wife is studying in the university? (Open Permit thing!)
2) Can I apply for work, or join companies in Quebec holding a visit visa?
3) How long I can stay in Canada holding a visit visa (how long I can keep renewing Open Permit, if applicale)?

4) Can I process from middle east an express entry application to immigrate to Quebec (since it takes time), while I am applying for visit visa, or it will create conflict and might cause me problems in my interview with the embassy, and what shall I do If need to start processing immigration and I need to be at Quebec on September 2018.
5) How easy is finding a Job in Montreal, applying to companies from Middle East, putting in mind that I don't speak French? (please help me if any recommended company can suit me: Preventive Maintenance Planner/Scheduler, with industrial engineering background)

I appreciate if you can answer any of these questions and thank you in advance.