+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada when visa is expiring soon

mega12345

May 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

My mother is planning to visit me in Canada for the month of June but her visitor visa is expiring in early August. I would book her a round trip and she would leave for India at the end of June. Do you guys think she will be allowed to do that or she should apply for her visa again?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother is planning to visit me in Canada for the month of June but her visitor visa is expiring in early August. I would book her a round trip and she would leave for India at the end of June. Do you guys think she will be allowed to do that or she should apply for her visa again?
The visa/TRV counterfoil would help her to board the flight/travel to Canada. How long she is actually allowed to stay will depend on the officer she meets at the port of entry. It does not matter that her TRV is valid until August.

Most probably she could be allowed to stay for up to 6 months i.e. well after her visa expires

mega12345

May 6, 2018
The visa/TRV counterfoil would help her to board the flight/travel to Canada. How long she is actually allowed to stay will depend on the officer she meets at the port of entry. It does not matter that her TRV is valid until August.

Most probably she could be allowed to stay for up to 6 months i.e. well after her visa expires
Thanks for your response, i am mainly concerned that when she boards the flight and the officials at Delhi airport might turn her away. She is planning to stay for 25 days, and she will leave before July.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your response, i am mainly concerned that when she boards the flight and the officials at Delhi airport might turn her away. She is planning to stay for 25 days, and she will leave before July.
She can travel anytime during the validity of her TRV. Airport authorities cannot turn her away.

Hopefully, her passport does not expire in early August. Or does it?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

It is most likely that she will be able to visit but that she might be issued with a "Visitor Record" that limits the length of her stay in Canada.

mega12345

May 6, 2018
She can travel anytime during the validity of her TRV. Airport authorities cannot turn her away.

Hopefully, her passport does not expire in early August. Or does it?
She recently renewed her passport, so that should not be an issue

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
would she be able to stay for 25 days
That is completely up to the CBSA officer at the POE. I would not be expecting any problems.

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
guys can you please help me with this
my friend's visitor visa just got accepted, I am not sure if it's a multiple or single yet, my question is, from the issue date of visa is there any deadline for him to come to Canada or he can use it whenever he wants?