+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Canada during Permit Review

May 2, 2017
Hello!

I am applying for a study permit and will be submitting very soon. I remember long ago reading that I could not visit during the review period but have been unable to clear that up. I need to visit to look at apartments in Vancouver. Any advice from anyone out there?

Maybe I read that you can't visit under other application types?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming you are either visa exempt or have a valid visit visa then as far as I know a visit whilst study permit is in process is no issue but of course never assume the permit will get approved so dont sign any apartment leases . Others will correct me if wrong.

FastForward

May 11, 2017
I have a similar question. My CAQ application got lost in the mail (a registered letter, figure that one out!), meaning I lost a month and a half to get my study permit. If my calculations are correct and according to the current study permit processing times (6 weeks for my country, plus the 20 work days for CAQ IF they start on time), I won't get a reply before my classes start. Very infuriating.
In this case, I would very much like to enter the country on an ETA prior to receiving my permit, as I don't want to miss classes due to mistakes made by the freakin post.