Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi,
I have sent my initial application for CSQ under Quebec Skilled Worker category for me and my wife. I am the principal applicant in application.

I have a question here. Requesting all seniors and experts to give their suggestions and opinions about it.

Once my PR is issued, how can I call my parents to live with me in Canada? Because once in Canada, I want my parents to come to canada and live with me.
Can I apply for PR for my parents? What are options for this?
and what may be the possible problems in this?

Though I am not thinking of following options, but pls share what is the difference between visitor visas and super visas for parents.

Looking towards your valuable support.
Thanks in advance. :)

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
You cannot apply/sponsor your parents and get a PR to them anymore.

They can apply for Parents supervisa and get a 10 years multiple visa and when they enter canada they can stay for 2 years.

Thats the way for now.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Holygun said:
You cannot apply/sponsor your parents and get a PR to them anymore.

They can apply for Parents supervisa and get a 10 years multiple visa and when they enter canada they can stay for 2 years.

Thats the way for now.
Hi Holygun,
Thank you for your reply.
It is so sad to know that I can not apply for PR/sponsor my parents. Why is such rule when Canada is promoting families to immigrate and settle in Canada?

Also what is the process of getting super visas for my parents and what if they have any medical problem such as hypertension? Will they be granted supervisas?
Also after spending 2 yrs under supervisas, when can they come back to visit canada for 2 more years?

Awaiting for your replies.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
mkshah said:
Hi Holygun,
Thank you for your reply.
It is so sad to know that I can not apply for PR/sponsor my parents. Why is such rule when Canada is promoting families to immigrate?

Also what is the process of getting super visas for my parents and what if they have any medical problem such as hypertension? Will they be granted supervisas?
Also after spending 2 yrs under supervisas, when can they come back to visit canada for 2 more years?

Awaiting for your replies.
Well they want your own family not your parents or your grant parents cause they think your parents are old and not going tobe paying tax and will be going to hospitals.

Process is same as visitor visa.
They do not require medical test i believe. Cause you have to provide them health insurance.
As I said it is same as visitor visa they can come and stay whenever they want up to 2years in 1 entry. then they need to re-enter and stay for another 2 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Super visa requires a medical.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Yes.. Super Visa require medicals and you need to pay upfront for getting the visa even if they don't travel.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
ok thanks so much to everyone for replying to my question.
:) :)
rp_tp said:
Yes.. Super Visa require medicals and you need to pay upfront for getting the visa even if they don't travel.