+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visas for children in a parent's passport

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Does any body know if consulate in LA issue visas for children in a parent's passport? Thank you for any respond.
No, everyone requires their own passport.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Our Attorney in Canada said that in the case of LA they do issue visas in a parent's passport. That is why I was confused at this time:((
Then your attorney doesn't know what s/he's talking about, see the office specific instructions from Buffalo, : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.PDF

"4. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
Passports or travel documents for yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. Children must have their own passport, separate from their parents’. Include only copies of pages showing the passport number, date of issue and expiration, your photo, name, date and place of birth. If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently reside.
All prospective immigrants must hold a valid regular or private passport at the time of landing. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Thanks PMM, I have already read your comment in the other forum :) and I agree with you. There are three people who handle my case in that law firm.
1st person who was preparing my documents before submitted to Buffalo.
2nd person is responsible for follow up/monitoring my case.
3rd person is helping me gather the final documents including passport.
Before I sent the passports I asked the 3rd person and she send me an email that LA office issue children visas in a parent's passport. What is going on here, all of them don't know about this procedure? This is a very big mistake.
The PPR letter date was on May 22, 2006 and it was only given me 30 days period and they received our passport on June 06, 2006. Up to now we haven't heard anything from CIC. What do you think the best we can do to solve this problem? Calling them on Monday and asking for extension to make new passports for my children? And when is ready send it to them again with the cover letter? Am I jeopardizing my case? Are they going to except my apology?
I feel helpless this time; please tell me what I should do. Thank you very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Thanks PMM, I have already read your comment in the other forum :) and I agree with you. There are three people who handle my case in that law firm.
1st person who was preparing my documents before submitted to Buffalo.
2nd person is responsible for follow up/monitoring my case.
3rd person is helping me gather the final documents including passport.
Before I sent the passports I asked the 3rd person and she send me an email that LA office issue children visas in a parent's passport. What is going on here, all of them don't know about this procedure? This is a very big mistake.
The PPR letter date was on May 22, 2006 and it was only given me 30 days period and they received our passport on June 06, 2006. Up to now we haven't heard anything from CIC. What do you think the best we can do to solve this problem? Calling them on Monday and asking for extension to make new passports for my children? And when is ready send it to them again with the cover letter? Am I jeopardizing my case? Are they going to except my apology?
I feel helpless this time; please tell me what I should do. Thank you very much.
1. Send a fax to them Monday, apply for children's passports immediately, they will give you an extension.

PMM

kyzel29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2012
Doc's Request.
AUG. 2012
AOR Received.
NOV. 7, 2012
Med's Request
JUNE 2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 25, 2015
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 30, 2015
Passport Req..
JUNE 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOON :)
LANDED..........
SOON :)
ask ko lang po.,..ok lang po ba ung passport na natupi sa picture area??hindi po ba un magiging invalid??ano po dapat kong gawin??ano pong area importante sa passport??
hindi po na apektuhan ung mga information na nsa passport ko...
ok lang po ung passport ko??