+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa with work permit?

Stephen659

Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
I currently have a PGWP do I need a visa to come back into Canada if I leave or is the work permit enough?

Raja_4u

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello ,

I have w1 multiple work visa i lived in canada 19 months since i back to my home country and then my employer has close his business ..

From new employer i have a valid job offer along with work permit support letter from the province with NOC A 2133.. and my employer has paid the employer compliance fees and gave me employment number ..

I already applied work permit under GSS Abu dhabi since 5 weeks has gone only medical reflect as passed and i dont know how much further time will take to finalize my application.
I heard india GSS timeline is 4-6 weeks

My question is can i get work permit at port of entry ? Since already have valid work visa ?

Or can i take written authorization from ircc before travelling to canada ?

Appreciate your reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,

I have w1 multiple work visa i lived in canada 19 months since i back to my home country and then my employer has close his business ..

From new employer i have a valid job offer along with work permit support letter from the province with NOC A 2133.. and my employer has paid the employer compliance fees and gave me employment number ..

I already applied work permit under GSS Abu dhabi since 5 weeks has gone only medical reflect as passed and i dont know how much further time will take to finalize my application.
I heard india GSS timeline is 4-6 weeks

My question is can i get work permit at port of entry ? Since already have valid work visa ?

Or can i take written authorization from ircc before travelling to canada ?

Appreciate your reply
Do you have a TRV to enter Canada? Your work visa is tied to your past employer.

Raja_4u

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Do you have a TRV to enter Canada? Your work visa is tied to your past employer.

I have TRV with code w1 ( worker) but not visitor visa.. i heard that once someone have TRV you dont need to have another TRV stamp on the passport . furthermore i already applied for work permit and PR as well so if i apply visitor visa will it not affect my application for the work permit? I need to stay now for short term as because my car is parked at landlord space i want to move or sale and also my all belongings and stuff in the house i want to shift asap i have also some liabilities i want to clear . When i left canada my intension was not longtime stay in my home country .. is there any chance for me to apply wp at POE and withdraw current application ? Or only thing i need to do is wait till decision finalize for wp app?