Visa will get accepted or not

Tarun2143

Apr 19, 2018
10th- 68 percent
12th- 70 percent
Law graduate with 56percent
Ilets - 6.5 not less 6
I am applying for paralegal diploma
What is the percentage requirement in college?
What are the chances for visa acceptance?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is more to an acceptance than these scores but your gpa is quite low. Also doesn't make sense to come to Canada and become a paralegal when you are already a lawyer. The degree signals that this is a means to immigrate not an opportunity to advance your career in your home country. That will likely get you refused.

Tarun2143

Apr 19, 2018
There is more to an acceptance than these scores but your gpa is quite low. Also doesn't make sense to come to Canada and become a paralegal when you are already a lawyer. The degree signals that this is a means to immigrate not an opportunity to advance your career in your home country. That will likely get you refused.

Tarun2143

Apr 19, 2018
sir my main motive is to do llm from Canada but my gpa is low so university requriment is good gpa or diploma then after this diploma i ll apply for llm.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In order to get a study visa you need to show you are a genuine student and that you plan to return to your home country. If you are already a lawyer getting a paralegal degree doesn't make sense in terms of your study progression. Also being a Canadian paralegal doesn't make sense if you plan on returning to Nigeria because the laws are different. I understand that you want to immigrate but in order to get accepted you need to show that you plan on returning to your home country.

Arunveer Singh Grewal

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
In order to get a study visa you need to show you are a genuine student and that you plan to return to your home country. If you are already a lawyer getting a paralegal degree doesn't make sense in terms of your study progression. Also being a Canadian paralegal doesn't make sense if you plan on returning to Nigeria because the laws are different. I understand that you want to immigrate but in order to get accepted you need to show that you plan on returning to your home country.
Hey!
What do you think about my profile?
Grade 10 : 10 out of 10 CGPA overall (CBSE)
I got 10 out of 10 CGPA in each subject as well.

(Assuming that you're from India)
Grade 12 : 85.8% (Medical Stream)
Biology : 81/100
Chemistry : 83/100
English : 93/100
Physics : 85/100
Physical Education : 87/100
I completed my secondary education in the year 2016. (May 2016 to be exact)
Then IELTS...october 2016
Overall 7.5
R 8.5
L 7
W 7.5
S 7.5
Then applied in september 2017 for practical nursing diploma.
Algonquin college.
As this is a very competitive program, i got my offer letter for jan 2019 intake. This program includes a short program called ICHS 4 mnth long...prior to main practical nursing diploma...
Practical nurses classes will start from 7 jan 2019...nd classes of ICHS will start from 4 sept 2018
I originally applied for sept 2018 with short program starting from 7 may 2018....as this is a competitive course..only 40 seats per intake and more than 5000 applications for practical nursing diploma...luckily i got unconditional offer letter for both programs collectively..if u want to do practical nursing diploma at algonquin college...u must do ICHS course that is 4 mnth long prior to your main course...
I have one question...as I applied in sept 2017...nd got my offer letter on jan 20, 2018 for jan 2019 intake....will this be included as a gap...am I responsible for it?
As i applied in sept 2017, i dont think so that i am respnsbl as the program is competitive...i have written sop...detailed sop...why canada why this course why algonquin college my plans...i mentioned that i will return back to my country...value of that course in my country...why i applied late after doing ielts in oct 2016...my educational background etc...

Sorry for the bad eng...i started writing proper eng at first but soon i switched to improper eng in whtsapp type way with grammatical errors...sorry for that

Last edited:

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hey!

Overall 7.5
R 8.5
L 7
W 7.5
S 7.5
Algonquin college.
As this is a very competitive program, i got my offer letter for jan 2019 intake. This program includes a short program called ICHS 4 mnth long...prior to main practical nursing diploma...
Practical nurses classes will start from 7 jan 2019...nd classes of ICHS will start from 4 sept 2018
I originally applied for sept 2018 with short program starting from 7 may 2018....as this is a competitive course..only 40 seats per intake and more than 5000 applications for practical nursing diploma...luckily i got unconditional offer letter for both programs collectively..if u want to do practical nursing diploma at algonquin college...u must do ICHS course that is 4 mnth long prior to your main course...
I have one question...as I applied in sept 2017...nd got my offer letter on jan 20, 2018 for jan 2019 intake....will this be included as a gap...am I responsible for it?
As i applied in sept 2017, i dont think so that i am respnsbl as the program is competitive...i have written sop...detailed sop...why canada why this course why algonquin college my plans...i mentioned that i will return back to my country...value of that course in my country...why i applied late after doing ielts in oct 2016...my educational background etc...

Sorry for the bad eng...i started writing proper eng at first but soon i switched to improper eng in whtsapp type way with grammatical errors...sorry for that
about gap simply tell VO about whole story in SOP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey!

Overall 7.5
R 8.5
L 7
W 7.5
S 7.5
Algonquin college.

Sounds like a good profile. There are other things that factor into the application of course. Given your strong marks not sure why you are not looking at a RN program. Best of luck.

Reactions: PARAM-

Arunveer Singh Grewal

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like a good profile. There are other things that factor into the application of course. Given your strong marks not sure why you are not looking at a RN program. Best of luck.
I think RN test is given after doing the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. My plans are different. Getting admission directly into BSN wasn't possible for me because that's even more competitive. So I thought why not first do a practical nursing diploma and then LPN test...which would carve my way to RN...

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
I have got an admit a Carleton University for two year masters m engg program winter 2019

Below is my profile
Ssc: 78%
Had; 65%
Ug : 68%
Ielts : 6.5 (6 above each)
Work exp :3.5 yrs
Gic done
Medical done

Could I apply under sds category..

If yes , I assume that I need to pay 1 year fees
At present university is allowing me to pay for term , and can credit amount for next term...
so would It be considered as one year payment

would appreciate for reply ..

Thanks