+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa will be processed more quickly if sponsor move back to Canada

eslio

Mar 20, 2024
Hi.

Sponsor: Canadian citizen living in Brazil
PA: common law living in Brazil

Me and my common law partner live in Brazil. I applied to the sponsorship visa on April 2023. I would like to move to back to Canada as soon as possible but her visitor visas got denied.

I am planning to move back to Canada without her if this accelerates the process. But I am not that it does.

The process is currently being processed in Mexico.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: Abdi sham

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am planning to move back to Canada without her if this accelerates the process. But I am not that it does.
No-one can tell you for certain that it will speed things up. It for the msot part depends where it is in the process.

Since you're a Canadian sponsor abroad, though, it's possible it will if it helps resolve any line of questioning they may have about your intent to return. My guess is that on the balance of probability it would likely help but I can't say how quickly it would result in the ppr. You'd have to weigh against other things like how long you have been common law (if eg >2 years or so, probably not an issue). And of course Iv'e no idea how long a separation may be. There's also the possibility that a new TRV application after you returning to Canada and advising IRCC would get approved.

My suggestions would be in order:
1) If you've already received requests for more info about intent to return, then you've already been told the relevant info (returning would likely help).
2) It will cost you very little effort or trouble to provide more info via webform about any of your preparations to return - hope you have some. Submit them via webform and it won't hurt.
3) Order GCMS notes. If there are any notes or text about the intent to return issue, now you know - it is an issue and returning will likely help. (You may find other relevant info there of course, to whic you can also try to be responsive)
3) At that point if no indication (ie. > one year after submitting), well, you'll have to decide if no further info. Truth is 80%+ of apps are going to get PPR within 12-14 months (whatever the number is now), so it may just come while you're going through this.* At that point I'd say worth returning but instead of trying to decide now, prep your return in the interim and see what you think then and whether any new info has come to light.

*Side note that as a result fo this, it will be hard to say that anything you did had any effect. It happens that people think the things they did helped, but it was already going to get done without any additional info. That won't stop most applicants and sponsors from trying, of course.

Reactions: Kananaskis

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Just a quick note, for Quebec applicants the processing time as of today is 30 months. Back in April it was at a similar time. I am not sure if moving back to Canada will speed up the process at all, the only thing that would be a bit different is a few documents and proof that you intend to move back to Canada once she gets her PR.

Reactions: scylla and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just a quick note, for Quebec applicants the processing time as of today is 30 months. Back in April it was at a similar time. I am not sure if moving back to Canada will speed up the process at all, the only thing that would be a bit different is a few documents and proof that you intend to move back to Canada once she gets her PR.
Good point, did not think to ask if it's a Quebec applicant.

Reactions: Kananaskis

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good point, did not think to ask if it's a Quebec applicant.
OP mentioned CSQ so definitely a Quebec application (unfortunately for the OP).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sponsor: Canadian citizen living in Brazil
PA: common law living in Brazil
As others have pointed out that I missed this, I have to revise my points to the side of far more uncertainty about timing.

You can still provide more info about your intent to return. You can and should order gcms notes.

I can't say how much of the rest applies because timing for Quebec apps so much longer (if you ahven't been following the quebec government is effectively capping marital apps, which right now means very unpredictable timelines).

It may still be better for the sposnor to return to Canada but how long of a separation might be involved - can't say. Your best bet would be the TRV, if approved.

How many times has your spouse been rejected? How long have you been together?