+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa will be expiring in 65 days

baig706

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
hello friends i need your help bit urgent please go through my scenario below

date first post 06/23/2017

am international student here in Toronto studying PG diploma i got visa till 31 aug 2017 and my course last date is 10 august 2017 as of that date i will be left with only 15 days to apply for my post graduate work permit and mean while i have to wait to get my college course completion certificate and marks sheets to submit CIC for my work permit i am looking for seniors to share there experiences and guide me for correct procces

i will be thank full to each and every one who is reading this post please share your experiences or post tags that seems to relate my situation if you have been to any in recent thanks every one

have happy and blessed life

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Just my understanding of the system, not a personal experience-
3 choices-
1. There should be a convocation date for your institute. Say if it is in October (for many schools that is the case); you should get a letter from your school that this is your last semester and you are expected to graduate in October. With this letter (and other requirements) if you apply for study permit extension, you MAY get it.

I personally do not recommend this one. Too risky, you may get red flagged.

2. Else you can always take the straight path, go back to your country and apply for PGWP from there.

You will spend too much time and money.

3. Most schools provide all the documents pretty quickly. Even 5 days may be good enough to get your completion letter and marksheet.

I strongly recommend this. Just talk to the office staffs and explain you situation. With their help, you may be able to apply right on 10th August night!

Last edited:
Reactions: baig706