+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa w-1. Is insurance required to enter Canada?

nonsense66

Sep 24, 2014
I have got multi visa w-1 (Worker) through NSNP program. I am going to fly from Minsk through Frankfurt directly to Halifax NS. Do I need to have any insurance documents for this trip? I worry about potential problems in the airports...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonsense66 said:
I have got multi visa w-1 (Worker) through NSNP program. I am going to fly from Minsk through Frankfurt directly to Halifax NS. Do I need to have any insurance documents for this trip? I worry about potential problems in the airports...
No need. You are coming as a worker (as seen on your visa w-1) and you will take up (currently) temporary residence (as a worker) while you wait for your PR under NSNP. Travel insurance is generally applicable for those visiting for a short duration; in your case, you will be here longer and your residence will make you eligible for provincial health insurance.

.../atb

nonsense66

Sep 24, 2014
ragluf said:
No need. You are coming as a worker (as seen on your visa w-1) and you will take up (currently) temporary residence (as a worker) while you wait for your PR under NSNP. Travel insurance is generally applicable for those visiting for a short duration; in your case, you will be here longer and your residence will make you eligible for provincial health insurance.

.../atb
Thank you ragluf! See you in Halifax! :)