+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa to attend in-person interview in Canada

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Dear all,

Currently i got a interview call from a Canadian employer for in-person interview ( i.e. face to face interview)

I have citizenship of India and Currently I am working in India.

My queries

1. What visa i need to apply in order to enter Canada..?

2. In the check list that i got from that site

Personal documentation of applicant:
• Proof of employment (letter from employer confirming salary and length of employment. Salary statements for the past 3 months. Most recent provident fund statement. Employment contract), business licenses/registration (for applicant and/or spouse),
• Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

As I need the VISA for Job interview purpose I fear that My current employer will Help me fairly to get the both above mention document

Could you please guide me How to fulfill this condition for VISA application

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Deepak K said:
Dear all,

Currently i got a interview call from a Canadian employer for in-person interview ( i.e. face to face interview)

My queries

• Proof of employment (letter from employer confirming salary and length of employment. Salary statements for the past 3 months. Most recent provident fund statement. Employment contract), business licenses/registration (for applicant and/or spouse),
• Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

As I need the VISA for Job interview purpose I fear that My current employer will Help me fairly to get the both above mention document

You can apply for a Visitor Visa, but your reason for applying for a a visit to Canada is a bit weak. Another member's experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reg-visa-processing-for-attending-inperson-interview-in-canada-t31281.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-application-rejection-blue-stamp-in-passportwhat-happen-future-t32010.0.html

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi job_seeker

Thanks for your reply

I have requested the Canadian employer to provide the following
• Letter of invitation
• Detailed itinerary including proof of ticket booking
• Proof of hotel reservation

Which i will get easily

My point of concern is
>> • Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

Which i doubt that i can get easily from my current employer

I have read the post

YYYYY://ZZZZ.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reg-visa-processing-for-attending-inperson-interview-in-canada-t31281.0.html

But in contrary to that I can give the proof of employment and salary slips easily

Please Advice whether NOC from current employer is required for Tourist Visa

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Deepak K said:
Hi job_seeker

Thanks for your reply

I have requested the Canadian employer to provide the following
• Letter of invitation
• Detailed itinerary including proof of ticket booking
• Proof of hotel reservation

Which i will get easily

My point of concern is
>> • Letter from employer/school which indicates that applicant(s) have been granted leave

Which i doubt that i can get easily from my current employer

I have read the post

YYYYY://ZZZZ.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reg-visa-processing-for-attending-inperson-interview-in-canada-t31281.0.html

But in contrary to that I can give the proof of employment and salary slips easily

Please Advice whether NOC from current employer is required for Tourist Visa
If you have proof of your ties with India (stable job and family) that would make you want to go back after your visit then you might have a fighting chance. You need Certificate of Employment and approved leave of absence from your current employer in India (meaning you are still employed by them and they are allowing you to be away for the number of days/months indicated in your approved LOA). It's just that the face to face interview as a reason is a bit weak considering these interviews can be done using the computer with a webcam and a microphone. Hope you have better luck than our other member. All the best.

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi
I got the Canada Visa to attend the In-person interview. It took only 4 days :)

I applied for single entry Visa and attached the following Document with a cover letter

• Temporary Resident Visa Application form with two recent, original passport sized photos
• Personal Information Form
• Current Passport
• Invitation letter from "Interviewer" to attend an in-person interview
• Proof of Employment and salary certificate from my current employer .
• Leave approval certificate from my current employer.
• Past two years’ income tax return
• Provident fund (PF) account statement
• Last three month Bank account statement
• Email communication with "Interviewer" as a proof of already cleared telephone interview

I hope it will help others....

:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Deepak K said:
Hi
I got the Canada Visa to attend the In-person interview. It took only 4 days :)

I applied for single entry Visa and attached the following Document with a cover letter

• Temporary Resident Visa Application form with two recent, original passport sized photos
• Personal Information Form
• Current Passport
• Invitation letter from "Interviewer" to attend an in-person interview
• Proof of Employment and salary certificate from my current employer .
• Leave approval certificate from my current employer.
• Past two years' income tax return
• Provident fund (PF) account statement
• Last three month Bank account statement
• Email communication with "Interviewer" as a proof of already cleared telephone interview

I hope it will help others....

:)

Great! Congratulations!!!! And that was really fast!! Did you go for an "in person" application (sorry for lack of a better term, as opposed to a mailed in one)?

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
I have applied through VFS office. I am also amazed as I got Visa without in-person interview with Visa officer :)

Amukta

Aug 15, 2018
Dear all,

My queries

Hello, Would it be possible for you to share the cover letter for your application?