+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa to attend a conference in canada

Folayo

Sep 1, 2018
Hello....
I have an invitation to attend a conference in Canada and I am a student in a university in England and I'm wondering if:
1. am to applying for the visitors visa?
2. The amount to declarendon in my account as I will be spending 4 days there with my husband accompanying me.
Any help on this will be very helpful.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello....
I have an invitation to attend a conference in Canada and I am a student in a university in England and I'm wondering if:
1. am to applying for the visitors visa?
2. The amount to declarendon in my account as I will be spending 4 days there with my husband accompanying me.
Any help on this will be very helpful.
With Nigerian passports, it is going to be incredibly difficult to get TRVs considering the surge in asylum claims in Canada.

1. Have you attended similar conferences in other visa-required countries?
2. Who will be paying for the visit and airfare?
3. Why would your husband accompany you to a conference?
4. When does your study program finish in the UK?
5. Do you have children? If yes, how old are they and what do they do? Where do they live?

Folayo

Sep 1, 2018
Well you appear to be so negative about this. I will answer your question one after the other:
1. I have attended conferences in other visa required country since I started my PhD in England and I was granted the visa without stress.
2. I am responsible for the payment of my visit/fare.
3. It's my choice for my husband to accompany me, as I don't see anything bad in it, and that's not his first time accompanying me.
4. I will be finishing my program in October 2019.
5. I have one child, he is 3 years old, leave in the UK and at the nursery.

Thanks...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well you appear to be so negative about this.
There's no negativity here. Just stating the facts. You probably believe you have a strong application, but unfortunately it does not seem like it.

I will answer your question one after the other:
1. I have attended conferences in other visa required country since I started my PhD in England and I was granted the visa without stress.
You probably realize that each country has its own entry criteria. Canada is arguably one of the more difficult countries to get a visitor visa/TRV.

Which countries did you attend the conferences?
Did you pay to attend those conferences as well?
Do you have any valid visas?

2. I am responsible for the payment of my visit/fare.
Red flag #1

3. It's my choice for my husband to accompany me, as I don't see anything bad in it, and that's not his first time accompanying me.
Red flag #2

4. I will be finishing my program in October 2019.
It would have helped if you were applying next year when you will be defending your doctoral thesis. But, you cannot change the situation. It is a tie to return to the UK.

5. I have one child, he is 3 years old, leave in the UK and at the nursery.
Who will take care of your son when you are visiting?

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Folayo

Sep 1, 2018
There's no negativity here. Just stating the facts. You probably believe you have a strong application, but unfortunately it does not seem like it.

You probably realize that each country has its own entry criteria. Canada is arguably one of the more difficult countries to get a visitor visa/TRV.

Which countries did you attend the conferences? United States and France
Did you pay to attend those conferences as well? Yes
Do you have any valid visas? No

Red flag #1

Red flag #2

It would have helped if you were applying next year when you will be defending your doctoral thesis. But, you cannot change the situation. It is a tie to return to the UK.

Who will take care of your son when you are visiting?
I'm only spending 4 days and my sister will look after my child.

ramasreepada

Sep 4, 2018
Hi.. I am applying for temprorary visa (TRV) with cateogory as Other (in the purpose of visit) to attend a conference in Canada. I applied on July 7th from India (via online application). I am not sure if I applied in the right category. My application is still under process.

Reactions: sandeepkapalawai

ramasreepada

Sep 4, 2018
Hi.. I am applying for temprorary visa (TRV) with cateogory as Other (in the purpose of visit) to attend a conference in Canada. I applied on July 7th from India (via online application). I am not sure if I applied in the right category. My application is still under process.
Sorry. I applied on August 7th..

Knoledge

Jan 1, 2019
Need help I Am Dorine Burundian nationality I need to attended conference in Vancouver March 27th conference is for 4 days it's my first time to attended conference what's requirements for conference visa?
Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jun 16, 2019
Hello Good Morning,
I am Deepesh Timalsina from Nepal . I have been invited to the conference of Disaster Management from DEMCON, i recently work at Nepal Red Cross society and i also got the Travel history of Singapore, Indonesia and Afghanisthan what are the possibilities of getting Visa of Canada for me can you please help in this regards. What sorts of documents should i apply with. The whole accommodation and airfare will be covered by my Organization.

Thank You.

Indeed

Jul 24, 2023
Please I want to know whether I still need an invitation letter to attend a conference in Toronto since I have a valid multiple entry Canadian visit visa. I apply for the visa to attend a tech conference in 2021 and it was approved in 2023. And this time I want to travel to Canada for the same conference. What will I do? Should I travel without invitation or should I look for invitation letter.