+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Status Inquiry

kumarsunny2019

Jan 25, 2019
My partner holds a study permit valid for one year and has been actively pursuing studies since September 2023. The permit is set to expire on September 30, 2024. Our son and I entered Canada on a visitor visa, valid until 2026. We underwent flagpole, resulting in the approval of my Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) and a visitor record for our son, both expiring on September 30, 2024. Although our passports indicate a visa validity until 2026, Could someone please tell us if we need to submit our passports for visa stamping again, considering the changes in our records?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My partner holds a study permit valid for one year and has been actively pursuing studies since September 2023. The permit is set to expire on September 30, 2024. Our son and I entered Canada on a visitor visa, valid until 2026. We underwent flagpole, resulting in the approval of my Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) and a visitor record for our son, both expiring on September 30, 2024. Although our passports indicate a visa validity until 2026, Could someone please tell us if we need to submit our passports for visa stamping again, considering the changes in our records?
You will need to extend the SOWP and visitor record before September 30, 2024.

Reactions: kumarsunny2019

kumarsunny2019

Jan 25, 2019
Thank you so much, Scylla. I will extend my SOWP and the visitor record as you suggested before Sep, 2024. I just wanted to know if we have to get a visa stamped again for the changes that have happened recently or if the visa that is already stamped on our passport is enough.

Feb 29, 2024
Hi, I am applying for SOWP from India and my husband is on a study permit in Canada. I have all the necessary documents like the proof of relationship documents, financial and educational documents but i am applying by self and not with the help of any agent. I have few questions -
1) I have all the documents but is it necessary to get them notarised/signed by a gazetted officer?
2) Is one "Letter of Explanation" enough or should there be one more letter stating the relationship story or others?

If anyone has anything on the above, it will be of great help.
Thanks in advance!

kumarsunny2019

Jan 25, 2019
Hi Simran. What I did was I attached a LOE with almost every document that I attached. I attached an LOE to explain my financial records, added one more to explain my relationship with the person who has sent me an invitation to visit Canada(I came here on a visitor visa and later changed it to a SOWP) and added another LOE in the client section as well. Add as many as you want and if you think that helps your case. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Feb 29, 2024
Hi Simran. What I did was I attached a LOE with almost every document that I attached. I attached an LOE to explain my financial records, added one more to explain my relationship with the person who has sent me an invitation to visit Canada(I came here on a visitor visa and later changed it to a SOWP) and added another LOE in the client section as well. Add as many as you want and if you think that helps your case. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thank you Kumar! I will follow this thing.
Did you get your documents notarised like educational and financial documents?

kumarsunny2019

Jan 25, 2019
You don't have to notarize your educational documents. Notarize your invitation letter from Canada if you have any and/or any gift deeds(which explains any money deposits from your parents). I also notarized an affidavit of consent from my spouse, who was not travelling with us(me and our child), which said my spouse knows about our trip to Canada and allows me to take any necessary decisions regarding our child's health/safety/welfare.

Reactions: simran_rajhans