+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Status for 2 year old

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I moved to Canada in Dec 2018, on a Work Permit. I submitted the application for myself, my wife and our daughter back in my home country. However we did not know about the 6 month limit to visitor visas. Even though all of our visas expire at the same date, my wife and daughter were not given any stamps at immigration on landing. My passport was stamped along with the expiry date.

After settling in, we then applied for an open work permit for my wife and got it. Now we both have a work permit valid to the same date. My questions are regarding the visa status of our daughter:

1. Should we apply to extend her stay? If so, would i have to create an account in her name on CIC?
2. Do I really need to do all this paperwork for a 2 year old baby who is in custody of both of her parents who have legal status in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You could have asked to extend the TRV to match the date of your visa. If she has a TRV with no date then yes it expires in 6 months and you need to apply for an extension of her visitor status. Ask for it to match the expiry date of your work permit.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
You need to apply for a visitor records that allow the baby to stay as long as you guys. Can also apply at border that is where i got mine.