+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA stamping from Bangladesh for dependents

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014
Hi everybody,

I am an October ,2013 applicant and currently waiting for medical request. My spouse/dependent applicant is in Bangladesh and I’m working in Canada with PGWP. We applied together and received AOR in November.

My question- How long does it take for visa stamping from Bangladesh for dependents? The visa processing for Bangladeshis takes place in Singapore. She can apply through VFS. But we need to know the processing time as she wants to join me asap.

I know asking this question is a little bit early, but we need to know as we are quite tensed about the whole processing time.

I’m applying for BOWP next month. So we are planning to get spouse work permit as well. Is it a good idea to come with spouse work permit in Canada and wait for the whole PR process? Does the visa office allow visa under SOWP while the PR processing might be undergoing?

Any Bangladeshi is facing the same situation?

Thanks in advance

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
i am in same situation as u r...i m from bd and so is my wife.. i will give detail reply soon as i dont have enough time since i am at work atm....

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014
movie said:
i am in same situation as u r...i m from bd and so is my wife.. i will give detail reply soon as i dont have enough time since i am at work atm....
Thanks buddy, please let me know. we are eagerly waiting. When did you apply?

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ahan123 said:
Hi everybody,

I am an October ,2013 applicant and currently waiting for medical request. My spouse/dependent applicant is in Bangladesh and I'm working in Canada with PGWP. We applied together and received AOR in November.

My question- How long does it take for visa stamping from Bangladesh for dependents? The visa processing for Bangladeshis takes place in Singapore. She can apply through VFS. But we need to know the processing time as she wants to join me asap.

I know asking this question is a little bit early, but we need to know as we are quite tensed about the whole processing time.

i am july applicant. see my time line please. we are currently waiting for our passport request. once CIC determines your elegibilty they will inform you by email to go through medical exam for you and your spouse. you will get RPRF/Biodata request shortly aswel. you also might be asked to provide two other questionare forms to be completed, signed by you and your spouse and send it along with hard copy of relationship evidence such as email/chat history...phone call record. record of visiting each others such as visa stamp on passport, tickets...photos of different occassion including wedding....proof of financial support if provided any...so and so....once all that is compelete and given that CIC is satisfied they will request for passport. once you recieve passport request you can take it from there..either ask cic to transfer your file to singapore so that your spouse can get visa stamping there or get the passport here by mail and send it to cic...i am not sure how that will work as i am still for that step to come.....hoping it will be soon

When it will happen? how long it will take for you? no idea.. given the fact that everyones situation, cases are different and case office is different ... time will differ...some ppl get it sooner..some takes a while....i am waiting for a month now after completing our medicals and paying RPRF and seding biodata. and it has been almost 3 weeks since cic recieved additional documents they asked for. really really hoping something positive will happen soon..all i can say sit tight and be patiece....CIC teaches patience like no other....

I'm applying for BOWP next month. So we are planning to get spouse work permit as well. Is it a good idea to come with spouse work permit in Canada and wait for the whole PR process? Does the visa office allow visa under SOWP while the PR processing might be undergoing?

you can add her to you your application as dependant i think and she is eligable for SOWP if you meet the criteria. will it be approved? no idea.. its not guaranteed ...i had my work permit renewed first and mentioned her on the application as spouse. once my work permit was extended...we have applied twice for her SOWP from back home and both time it was denied saying that the visa officer is not satisfied that her intention is what she says it is!...which is rediculas. as we have provided all the necessary documents and record of our relationship from back 2010.....here is what the most possible explanation i could come up with....in order to get temporary visa..such as tourist...student...worker...you must satisfy the visa officer that your intention is only to be in canada temporarily...not permenant...however when my wife applied they saw that her name is on my immigration file as a dependant which implies ...she wants to live here permenantly...hence the rejection....however they will never discourage you to apply as long you meet all the requirements as it is a money factor for them..

should that discourage you?..i would say no...go ahead if it is possible and allowed to add her...give it a try...it might be different for you since you will be adding her as dependant on your work permit extension with in canada....however please do your research in details and be thorough....call cic and ask if needed but do your research first..
last of all...Patience is the key

best of luck!

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply. The whole situation seems pretty scary though :( I didn't realize before that CIC might reject SOWP. That is a prime option for us if the PR processing gets delayed- so that we can stay together.

Although it takes 13 months on average to get the PR processing done, seeing other applicant's timeline I was really hopeful.

However, let's hope for the best and please let me know when you guys get PPR.

Good luck!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hi movie, any Idea why you were asked to provide proof like phone records, chat history??

How long are you guys apart? And how often did you visit Bangladesh?

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ahan123 said:
Forgot to ask you- did you apply for PR from Canada or from Bangladesh?
i applied from canada.

yes it is scary and there might be a long wait ..patience is the key...take your chance and see if it works or not....it might who knows

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
iamroth said:
Hi movie, any Idea why you were asked to provide proof like phone records, chat history??

How long are you guys apart? And how often did you visit Bangladesh?
apparently it is a standard process now days when you have spouse added to your application. cic wants to make sure that it is not a fraud as marriage fraud for immigration is an issue and CIC is aware about it. check out this topic
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/request-for-additional-documents-regarding-my-marriage-after-medical-recieved-t185480.0.html;msg3005240#msg3005240

we have been apart for a long time. we got married in end of 2012 but we have been in a relationship from long before that. i visited bd pretty much every year since 2010

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014

Hi Movie, have you and your spouse received the PPR yet? We have got the MR today :) ..now i need to know your experience regarding stamping passport from singapore.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey ahan123

Check out this thread on people's experiences of visa stamping at offices other than Ottawa.

Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-stamping-at-other-office-t187037.0.html

Also I believe at Singapore office, it takes around 4-6 weeks to get your visa stamped (including transition time).

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ahan123 said:
Hi Movie, have you and your spouse received the PPR yet? We have got the MR today :) ..now i need to know your experience regarding stamping passport from singapore.
yes we got our PPR on 7th of this month...sorry about the late reply dint see this thread on top page anymore...i just replied to you PM ...details there