+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Sop review

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Well, for most of the part your SOP is in place. Now delete it before someone else takes it away :rolleyes:

On a side note, the Canadian academic lingo is little different than India. If you don't wish to confuse VO, then use it appropriately.

Subject in India = Course in Canada
Course in India = Program in Canada
Semester in India = Term in Canada (it is debatable, but calling it 'Term' is safer bet)

Good Luck !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Way too wordy. You have included too much information this is not a college entry essay. There is no reason to mention things like cyclethons. The big contradiction I see is that you say that you want to participate in the AI community in Canada which really means longterm stay but then you say you will return to India. Would also delete student friendly legislature which basically equals path to immigration.

Reactions: HarshDivecha

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Can anyone please review my visa SOP as i am applying under sds category and let me know what are the chances of this sop getting accepted or what changes should i make.

Subject: Statement of Purpose for the Application of Student Visa

Respected Sir/Madam,

We are currently in the midst of a technological and computing revolution that will drastically change our lives and potentially redefine what it means to be human. I am very excited at the prospect of devoting my long-term career to such a dynamic, fast advancing field. Since my own lifetime has essentially coincided with the rise of the modern computing industry, I can sense that there are still tremendous developments to come in this field.

Why Master of Applied Computer Science at the Concordia University?

The IT course in India did expose me to various programming concepts and also my Masters in IT introduced me vaguely to the field of machine learning and Data Science for both of which I did a few online free courses and secured internships, I realized that I was not exposed to the concepts of algorithms very well and there were many subjects which were not covered to complete this vacuum in knowledge to become a professional in these fields.

As I considered my alternatives for further post-graduate study, the Master of Applied Computer Science at the Concordia University has emerged for various reasons. They have various subjects available to be selected as electives in each semester, which are more concretely geared towards Data Science and Machine Learning, in addition to algorithms being a compulsory subject. Having had the privilege to learn practical aspects of multiple programming languages and subjects such as Data and File Structure, Operating System, Database Management Systems, Object Oriented Programming with C++, Advanced Java Technology etcetera in my educational timeline, I am confident of being a valuable addition to diversity of the world of computing by joining the Concordia University for my post-graduation with an aim to do specialization in AI, especially as there are innumerable research work happening in Canada with respect to Artificial Intelligence, as well as the country emerging as a hotspot for the same. Working out with the highly experienced and skilled faculties along with the prominent facilities being provided will surely back me in my academic pursuit.

My profile is having all the pre-requisites for the admission and I have secured my admission there as well as scored overall 7.0 bands in my IELTS test.

Extra-Curricular:

In addition to the courses that I have taken in my under-graduation as well as Masters in IT, I have been exceptionally active outside of the classroom, participating in extracurricular activities like volunteering for a cyclathon event and working on personal projects in order to inspire myself and broaden my perspectives. For instance, I have created several data analysis and machine learning tutorial code sheets available on my GitHub profile, I also invested my time in a small robot making workshop and developed a robot capable of following line, using a light reflecting sensor and detecting obstacles, the robot was programmed in ‘C’ language. Moreover, I successfully delivered several presentations with some of them being “Use of NoSQL”, “Google App engine and cloud services”, security against hacking using a technique called honey nets to trap hackers. All of my past endeavors make me feel highly motivated and energetic at adopting new attitudes and encountering new things. This is definitely why I have chosen to keep improving and fueling my curiosity by considering for a graduate degree and by trying to be a part of various research activities at Concordia University.

Why Canada?

When deciding on the country for a good education, the most logical destination for my postgraduate studies I could make was ‘Canada’, a country which stands atop of educational competency as well as, being well-known for its student friendly legislature and academic proficiency. Brilliant Students from all over the world choose Canada as their best option for study abroad and hence, studying overseas in Canada will give me not only a greater range of professional skills, but also a much broader, more international perspective with some valuable gains like improvising on communication and better understanding of fellow colleagues, besides receiving an opportunity to explore a new ethnic society. The biggest influencing factor being, getting all these boons at the most affordable and reasonable funds.

Future Goals

Witnessing my father doing a job and also running two businesses under his belt, I was able to figure out that having a startup of our own is more beneficial in a long term run. Regarding my goals for the future, I plan to take what I learn in Canada and apply it to the computing industry in my native country. There is a vast opportunity for tech startups in India, the field of Data Science and Machine Learning in India is currently in its infancy stages, but is being slowly adopted by numerous startups and companies. Furthermore, just like any other country the demand in India is rapidly growing and shows great potential. By studying in my chosen master’s program and possibly if time permits, by working for a short period in Canada, I expect to have the expertise, the perspective, and the experience necessary to lead an AI or Data Science based startup in my home country India, with me being the pillar on technical side in co-ownership with my friend who is currently pursuing his MBA, and if the startup fails, I am confident enough that I will be capable and potent to secure a good job as a Data Scientist with a good firm.

At the end, my only goal is to be a successful and dynamic professional in near future which can make me stand out amongst all. Also, I have paid 12,555.01 CAD in my tuition fees and 10,200 CAD in Scotia Bank’s Student GIC Program to cover my first year living expenses.

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Sincerely,
Harsh Divecha.

Dude no kidding , but I also wrote a really similar kind of SOP for my visa application , i got offet for BSc Computer Science from University of Calgary , qnr trust me , my SOP matches yours.. like 40% of it... Hahaha

anshul2710

Nov 27, 2017
I think it is way too long and the way you have started it looks like you are going to stay. Review it carefully. Good luck

HarshDivecha

Jul 18, 2018
Well, for most of the part your SOP is in place. Now delete it before someone else takes it away :rolleyes:

On a side note, the Canadian academic lingo is little different than India. If you don't wish to confuse VO, then use it appropriately.

Subject in India = Course in Canada
Course in India = Program in Canada
Semester in India = Term in Canada (it is debatable, but calling it 'Term' is safer bet)

Good Luck !

HarshDivecha

Jul 18, 2018
Way too wordy. You have included too much information this is not a college entry essay. There is no reason to mention things like cyclethons. The big contradiction I see is that you say that you want to participate in the AI community in Canada which really means longterm stay but then you say you will return to India. Would also delete student friendly legislature which basically equals path to immigration.
Thanks a lot for your input.. il keep in mind the points you've mentioned and make changes accordingly